DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maiden flight today

salernod

Reactions
My first flight was today. 3 flights done at the RC club near by Abu Dhabi. it was very windy, around 15km/h. first 2 flights in beginner mode, third flight was normal mode and reached 130mts high. all 3 landings were automatic, due the strong wind I preferred leaving the mavic doing the autolanding on its own. before flying my mavic I did fly my old phantom 2, the wind was so strong that it was pushed to the ground twice forcing me to land and on both cases it flipped over with no damage at all, but mavic was much more stable flying on the strong wind.

Reactions: acehmavicpilot
Congratulations! I think that 15 km/h is well within the Mavic's capabilities. It would be nice to see some pictures from on high near Abu Dhabi. Just asking. :)

Your just begging for something bad to happen flying in those conditions

Sent from my SM-T713 using MavicPilots mobile app

Isn't 15 km/h = 9.3 mph? I've flown in +20 mph winds with both my P3P and Mavic with no problems...a bit scary, but no issues whatsoever...except with Mavic, I got wind warnings.

I've flown my P3S in some 25+ and she handles likes a pro. Haven't tested the MAvic is super high winds yet, but willat some point

Novice here and flew in 20MPH winds yesterday. Just keep you eyes open for it drifting away and toss it in to sport mode.

Hi all. I wanted to point out with the "strong wind" statement is that the Mavic handled it better than the phantom 2. I'm posting some photos now and a video of the Mavic hovering.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My first flight was today. 3 flights done at the RC club near by Abu Dhabi. it was very windy, around 15km/h. first 2 flights in beginner mode, third flight was normal mode and reached 130mts high. all 3 landings were automatic, due the strong wind I preferred leaving the mavic doing the autolanding on its own. before flying my mavic I did fly my old phantom 2, the wind was so strong that it was pushed to the ground twice forcing me to land and on both cases it flipped over with no damage at all, but mavic was much more stable flying on the strong wind.

Hi salernod, nice to meet you.

I'd like I ask a couple question :
1. May I know where is this RC club in abu dhabi you were flying your mavic exactly?

2. what is the procedure to fly it there? was there any entrance fee?

3. I'm looking for a place to learn to fly my mavic, preferably indoor. Maybe you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+