DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maiden flight: very nice!

Volkhard

Reactions
Finally the wind was lighter today and after waiting almost a week today I did put the Mavic Pro in the air. I used Auto takeoff and checked out the go home function.Very smooth. The offset between start und touchdown point was always less the 2 feet. I did about 4 starts and landings.

I will leave the sportmode for another day but tried 2 of the intelligent flight modes: Active track and point of interest. Both were easy to apply and worked without a hitch.

There is still a lot to discover and getting used to. Of course I forgot to tab the screen for focusing and ended up with less then stellar footage. But today (and the next couple of flight days) it will be more about flying and "mastering" the MP before starting to focus on the video and photographic side.

I also found out today: Manatee County, FL made flying in ANY pubic park or terrain illegal by city ordinance..... They claim "privacy issues". For sure not a very sensitive approach to push any drone owner/user out of any public (doesn't that mean for all ???) terrain without doing the right thing and regulate instead of just outlawing. But that's for sure a topic for a different thread.

Overall I am amazed and impressed by the Mavic Pro and, while skeptical at first, also by my Moto G4 doing a good job. No hiccups even with me forgetting to go into airplane mode.....

Reactions: CyberNate
Thanks!
Careful? Yes! Slow? not really ;) just leaving the fast "sportmode" for next time.

Reactions: chad7218
Thanks!
Careful? Yes! Slow? not really ;) just leaving the fast "sportmode" for next time.

Great approach to learning how to fly. I tackle one feature at a time and have been thoroughly enjoying the Mavic and building my confidence with each flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots