DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maiden flight

Geezer

Reactions
After FINALLY ordering and receiving my Mavic late last week, fighting the battle of getting my Android 6.0.1 powered Samsung tablet to talk to my controller, and the weekend rain and warm temperatures turning the local snow cover to slop, it finally cleared off and cooled down. The surface of the snow firmed up enough to walk on without post-holing or swallowing the drone during takeoffs and landings. Having been flying fixed wing R/C aircraft, helicopters, and a couple of homebuilt quadcopters for the last 30 years or so, the beginner flight mode is quite relaxing. I'm looking forward to exploring more of its capabilities.

Reactions: bsshog40
Its good that you have an RC background. Us old (speaking for myself of course) RC guys really appreciate the automation that has been brought forward by DJI to make flying more relaxing, enjoyable, safer and less of a chore.

No more carb adjustments, blade balancing, blade pitch adjustments, taching and tracking the blades, no more belts wearing out, tail booms broken. For me, flying drones is the most relaxing RC Ive ever done except for RC boats where you can just set the trim to a wide circle, sit in your chair, sip some sweet tea and watch it run out of gas or battery after 20 or 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cimriver
Did my maiden flight yesterday. Very windy and it was rock solid. Only did about 30 feet or so but gave me a feel for the drone. Super easy flyer. I did attempt a manual landing and as i got close to ground level avoidance detection stopped me from going further. Need to do some tutorial flights and more reading. Needless to say auto land worked just fine. My wife loved it so.... Score!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada