DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Malaysia Drone Laws

jimmiblaze

Reactions
Hello,

I'm planning on traveling to Malaysia next month and want to check the drone laws as its not clear whether recent changes are just for commercial drone operators or whether I'd need a permit to fly my Mavic.

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Jimmi, well you are free to fly your mavic as long as it's within the R n G such as maximum height of 110m, keep it within your sight etc..that kind of standard regulations however those R n G are very relax in malaysia and as long as you are not doing something unethical, you are perfectly fine.

I flew to the top of the Petronas Towers twice. Once in between and lost signal I think cuz of the radio towers but got her back via RTH and the second time from the back side, flew way too high I know but got some really cool footage. Have fun ther and don't sweat too much.

Reactions: Mavic VVorld
I think there are many RC hobbyists and drone pilots in Malaysia.

I flew to the top of the Petronas Towers twice. Once in between and lost signal I think cuz of the radio towers but got her back via RTH and the second time from the back side, flew way too high I know but got some really cool footage. Have fun ther and don't sweat too much.
yep i saw a lot of that vids....just be sure that there's no incident and the gov will just keep an eye close haha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej