DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual Takeoff?

HelloNasty1

Reactions
I read on here people posting "I only takeoff in manual mode" opposed to auto.
How are you able to switch to ATTI Mode and not be forced to use auto takeoff?
What am I missing? Gracias!

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

It's not possible to manually switch to ATTI mode. To manually take off, do a CSC (both sticks down and to the center) to start the motors and then move the left stick to the full up position until the Mavic is 10 or so feet in the air.

It's not possible to manually switch to ATTI mode. To manually take off, do a CSC (both sticks down and to the center) to start the motors and then move the left stick to the full up position until the Mavic is 10 or so feet in the air.

You da man! Thank you for solving this puzzle for me.

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

I don't throttle to 'full up'. I feather in the throttle and bring the Mav to the altitude I want. Typically 1 meter while it stabilizes and sets the home point and then off I go at full throttle.....

Reactions: motard
Full throttle up is generally the safest way to go since it gets you away from the largest obstacle in the area as quickly as possible.

...Typically 1 meter while it stabilizes and sets the home point and then off I go at full throttle.....

I never take off, even a bit, without home point being set first (ie. gps lock) - mavic is is much more stable than the phantoms but Id still be worried of any drifting before or as soon as it acquired the lock.

Reactions: MavProJNG
I never take off, even a bit, without home point being set first (ie. gps lock) - mavic is is much more stable than the phantoms but Id still be worried of any drifting before or as soon as it acquired the lock.

My problem is: I can only take off with auto..Before I put it away I could pull both sticks back and the propellers would start..But now this will not work, it will only start and lift off with auto.. Do I have something turned off?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO