DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map missing on simulator

Rudolf Bacher

Reactions
Sorry cannot find suitable thread...

Map and flight route is missing on simulator. Had it yesterday but probably switched it off by incident.
DJI GO 4 App, normal flight mode, Map is clearly visible, but when I switch to simulator it is gone.
Thanks for a solution.

You have to have the Mavic on in order for the simulator to become active.

Fully restart app and be sure you're logged in.

picture: GPS ready, Mavic is on, map is blank

Attachments

• P3200002.JPG
    P3200002.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 58
I don't remember there being a map in the simulator but I haven't used the sim in over a year. Are you sure there was a map there before?

Yes, and it documented the flight route, although it was not possible to enlarge it in sim.

The map does not work in the simulator since you're not flying in a real location.

Reactions: Kilrah
Yes, and it documented the flight route, although it was not possible to enlarge it in sim.
Rudolf,
I have the same issue... I even took my mavic outdoors to see if it needed a good GPS signal to pop back on - it did not. I had it for a few days when I first got it but as yours... It dissappeared also. I also thought it was something I switched off. Im hoping you find and answer here in the forum as I will hang in the wings and await an "intellegent" reply.

Interestingly enough, I flew from Eastern Long Islang where I live, (and had the aforementioned problem), to Park City, Utah where I brought the drone for some aerial videography inbetween ski outings. "BAM"...the map detail came back in the simulator!!! Go figure. Dunno why. So you could always plan a trip?!?! :

Rudolf,
I have the same issue... I even took my mavic outdoors to see if it needed a good GPS signal to pop back on - it did not. I had it for a few days when I first got it but as yours... It dissappeared also. I also thought it was something I switched off. Im hoping you find and answer here in the forum as I will hang in the wings and await an "intellegent" reply.

Interestingly enough, I flew from Eastern Long Islang where I live, (and had the aforementioned problem), to Park City, Utah where I brought the drone for some aerial videography inbetween ski outings. "BAM"...the map detail came back in the simulator!!! Go figure. Dunno why. So you could always plan a trip?!?! :

I am kidding of course about the trip...lets see who replies.

I'm gonna fire up my Inspire and see if the map shows up. I just don't think it does guys and if did for you, it was a glitch.

Sorry cannot find suitable thread...

Map and flight route is missing on simulator. Had it yesterday but probably switched it off by incident.
DJI GO 4 App, normal flight mode, Map is clearly visible, but when I switch to simulator it is gone.
Thanks for a solution.

Let me first apologize. I was wrong. When I fired up my Inspire - I too saw what you are seeing which is probably just the standard map but it's so small that you can't tell. Here is what you need to do:

1) Turn on the bird then controller.
2) Connect to the App.
3) Turn on Cache Map in the settings.
4) Pop out the map to Full Screen.
5) Change the map from Standard to Satellite or Hybrid View.
6) Minimize the map and go back to your control screen.
7) Go into the simulator and when you enter the simulator you will now see your map.

Hope this fixes the issue for you.

Tip: I suggest you pull up the map while connected to WiFi if your device doesn't have cell service or there is no cell service in the area you'll be flying so that you cache the map just in case you want to use the sim in that area.

@John E. Mac
@Rudolf Bacher

Last edited:
Reactions: John E. Mac
Let me first apologize. I was wrong. When I fired up my Inspire - I too saw what you are seeing which is probably just the standard map but it's so small that you can't tell. Here is what you need to do:

1) Turn on the bird then controller,
2) Connect to the app
3) Turn on Cache Map in the settings
4) Pop out the map to Full Screen
5) Change the map from Standard to Satellite or Hybrid View.
6) Minimize the map and go back to your control screen.
7) Go into the simulator and hen you enter the simulator you will now see your map.

Hope this fixes the issue for you.

Tip: I suggest you pull up the map while connected to WiFi if your device doesn't have cell service or there is no cell service in the area you'll be flying so that you cache the map just in case you want to use the sim in that area.

@John E. Mac
@Rudolf Bacher

That sounds like it should work DodgeP if I loose my map detail again I will check that the map cache is on!

Hoping Rudolph sees you post and confirms.

Thanks!

First of all, thanks to all of you out there.

DodgeP: I cannot confirm your suggestion 4+5. There is a warning coming up that you cannot enlarge the map in sim mode.
However, I am thinking about another approach. The iPhones screen is too small anyway to follow the route. I got reminded that I havent used the iPhone so far for simulation, but I always used my iPad instead. Tomorrow I will get hold on my iPad and will try again and post the result.

I am delighted about this helpful community :)

You've misunderstood my directions. You should be in the Pilot App when you enlarge the map not the simulator, but we ma be on different pages about what you're trying to do however I just confirmed that in the Sim you cannot enlarge the map to full screen.

Last edited:
P3210004.JPG
Just as I thought. Works perferctly on the iPad.
Now if I had a wish to DJI please let me blow it up to full screen. This is how one can learn to precisely draw the patterns in the air.
If you even think further, why not copy the image and paste it into the waypoints mode?

You should invest in Litchi or AutoPilot. You can draw your waypoints on the map as well as altitude, speed, focus, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada