DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marco Polo tracker placement

Why do people choose to get a tracker on their drone, just a more reliable way of keeping track of it, or more range?

I put the Marco Polo tracker on mine because in west Texas where I fly there is not always 100% cell coverage. If I lose my drone I can get close with the last GPS reading from my logs, and with the tracker sending out a radio signal I can get right on top of it. Peace of mind for me.

Thanks. My idea is to not 3d print it. solid plastic mould

Right; I know. Not looking for certainty....just interested in hearing some personal stories/anecdotes from people who already own a Marco Polo -- i.e., are you glad you bought one, or was it a waste of money? Again, every person will have a different answer because the odds of needing a tracker are very different if you are flying over open, empty desert (like we have in Arizona) vs. thick woods like in Tennessee.

I'm very new to this hobby, and I'm willing to spend appropriate money on useful things (a nice hard case, etc.), but I just can't tell if it's worth spending $200+ on a tracker that I might never need to use.
I am surprised at your comment; after spending $1000 or more on your hobby but $200 is not a good investment for peace of mind? Just saying...

$200 is very cheap for peace of mind. Redesign is good but market for those is slim due to the fact most wont pay $200 for the Marco Polo. Great idea

$200 is very cheap for peace of mind. Redesign is good but market for those is slim due to the fact most wont pay $200 for the Marco Polo. Great idea

Marco polo... But it could hold also a lot of other tracking devices, such as loc8tor. In fact it would be nothing but a tray were you can put your track device, your parachute, your signal sink device.
Got it?

Ahahahaha

c490217f0c2dfa6f9ccb0d1d4a18dfbb.jpg

Has anyone tried the top front? I have not flown with it yet but I like this spot because I never have to take it on or off, even when the Mavic is in the hard case.

Attachments

• marcopolo.JPG
    marcopolo.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 100
50 flights with it there and no problems. I just leave it on there and charge it when it gets down to 2 flashes. I found this leather case at a garage sale and took the foam out of a different case I don't like. I can leave the landing gears, props and Marco Polo on and it fits easily in the case. On the other side of the bag is a nice padded opening with Velcro tie downs that I can carry my iPad Air 2 fully assembled to the controller. Lots of individual pockets for other stuff, chargers and all that. Best solution I have found and I just got lucky.

IMG_3147.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

Is there any reason to believe there could be an issue putting the Marco Polo underneath and on the front right leg of the Mavic pro platinum?
ab309c843a168a1159ebee42e4f915ec.jpg
. I don't know what is in or around the front right arm of the Mavic to know whether this is risky or not? Thoughts?
314d79b989e4843a6b118f1ce4e60db0.jpg

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada