DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marco Polo tracker placement

That's right over the GPS antenna. You should mount it on the rear.

Yes, someone told me the same thing so I'm glad I posted the photos. I ended up adding Velcro to the backs of all my batteries. I just remove/replace the MP when I swap batteries. Thanks for looking out, guys.

Got my Marco Polo from Amazon. It came with a 2 inch strip of velcro, and I followed F6Riders placement, only on the left side of the fuselage. Added a little "bucking strap" for extra security. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3162.JPG
    IMG_3162.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 385
Yes that"s what I use on all my AC with the Marco Polo. It will hold tight, it could detach on a really hard impact, but the Marco Polo will be close by.

Thanks. I think I'm going to go with attaching to the rear landing gear as shown by Sonof40. I'll use the Reclose product and maybe a ziptie or two. I can remove the landing gear easily to store in my kazoom pack. If it comes off in flight I'll just have to MP retrieve the landing gear piece.

This entire statement is incorrect.

Who told you trackimo is 60$ a year? Cuz it is only 5$ and first year is free.

Its the best stand alone tracker for the price period no debate :p

Marco Polo is nice if u can afford it but still its only a 2ndary tracker like the tile but with more range in my opinion. Cuz marco polo range is less than half the max range of mavic... ide like to use all 3 tho haha

If all you use is marco polo u got to admit there is some risk of ur drone getting out of range. Also What if someone picks it up and starts walking off with it before u get there etc etc
Someone could pick up the Mavic too with the Trackimo as well! Either transmitter won't help in this situation.
If you fly within line of site of it, like most of us do, then no problem with range!

I may take a crack at redesign as I was thinking an enclosure would be more secure and aerodynamic if done well.

Have you ever considered something like this?
bde3add21f4e025b9d1ee5f978026017.jpg

So would i.... So let's get to it and find someone here who can put this into plastic !!!!

As i draw the sketch, may as well improve into some production layout.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf