DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marco Polo tracker

There are other threads on this but the short answer for me is yes, it is. Others prefer some other devices like Trackimo but they have a yearly cost associated with them, some of the others like Tile are only good for very short distances and likely not much help with a drone that could end up a couple of miles or more away.

Reactions: Godking1008
There are other threads on this but the short answer for me is yes, it is. Others prefer some other devices like Trackimo but they have a yearly cost associated with them, some of the others like Tile are only good for very short distances and likely not much help with a drone that could end up a couple of miles or more away.

Motley thanks. Do you have one for your Mavic pro if so where did you purchase yours?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It's a great tracker for the Mavic due to its small size. Do you need it? Well, you don't until you lose your Mavic. It's like any other kind of insurance.

If you're in the US, you can also buy the Macro Polo tracker here on Amazon.

Last edited:
I've got one. This is where mine lives when I'm flying. Sometimes it's antenna up, sometimes down, I've not completely decided which I like best. Right now, antenna down and somewhat curled back on itself to avoid the sensors underneath.

IMG_1127.JPG

I've been very happy with it. Small and unobtrusive, with a long battery life. I've got it mounted to the side of the Mavic with Velcro and it's almost a pain to get it off. I've seen some interesting mounting options for the rear leg extender (which I have and usually use). Originally, mine was mounted on the rear half of my batteries, but someone on here made the observation that removing it each time to change batteries is just more options for damage, loss, whatever. So, now I stick it once, and leave it for the duration.

I've tested it only really at short range...a couple hundred feet...but I'm confident that it's been around long enough that the published range is probably pretty close...and all you need to do is get somewhat close anyway.

Last edited:
I haven't recieved my mavic yet but I bought a marco polo tracker on Amazon. I tested it earlier today. I had my son take the 4 wheeler and hide it in the woods while I waited in the house. When he got back I went outside with the locator and it picked up the signal after about 10 seconds with an arrow pointing in the direction of the tag. I hopped on the 4 wheeler and found the tag within 15 minutes and it was about a mile away. I live in the country with corn fields and woods all around me. There's also large bald eagles seen frequently so I thought I definatley needed a good tracking device in case of an eagle knocking it outta the air.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

I haven't recieved my mavic yet but I bought a marco polo tracker on Amazon. I tested it earlier today. I had my son take the 4 wheeler and hide it in the woods while I waited in the house. When he got back I went outside with the locator and it picked up the signal after about 10 seconds with an arrow pointing in the direction of the tag. I hopped on the 4 wheeler and found the tag within 15 minutes and it was about a mile away. I live in the country with corn fields and woods all around me. There's also large bald eagles seen frequently so I thought I definatley needed a good tracking device in case of an eagle knocking it outta the air.

Good move, hope you get your Mavic soon and enjoy it.

Good move, hope you get your Mavic soon and enjoy it.
I've been checking the tracking number every few hours lol. It left fed ex in Austell Ga. At 119am and hasn't been scanned anywhere since darn it. The scheduled delivery is for Wednesday though. I might have to call work and tell them I have a fever. [emoji1] A mavic fever

great news (about the Eagles too)

I've been checking the tracking number every few hours lol. It left fed ex in Austell Ga. At 119am and hasn't been scanned anywhere since darn it. The scheduled delivery is for Wednesday though. I might have to call work and tell them I have a fever.
emoji1.png
A mavic fever
I got mine the day before they said it would be delivered, keep in mind that if you bought direct from DJI someone has to be present to sign for it. Calling in might not be a bad idea unless you have someone else that can take it.

I've got one. This is where mine lives when I'm flying. Sometimes it's antenna up, sometimes down, I've not completely decided which I like best. Right now, antenna down and somewhat curled back on itself to avoid the sensors underneath.

View attachment 4335

I've been very happy with it. Small and unobtrusive, with a long battery life. I've got it mounted to the side of the Mavic with Velcro and it's almost a pain to get it off. I've seen some interesting mounting options for the rear leg extender (which I have and usually use). Originally, mine was mounted on the rear half of my batteries, but someone on here made the observation that removing it each time to change batteries is just more options for damage, loss, whatever. So, now I stick it once, and leave it for the duration.

I've tested it only really at short range...a couple hundred feet...but I'm confident that it's been around long enough that the published range is probably pretty close...and all you need to do is get somewhat close anyway.
curious, is that he skin's original look or "looks after USE"

I've been checking the tracking number every few hours lol. It left fed ex in Austell Ga. at 119am on Saturday and hasn't been scanned anywhere since darn it. The scheduled delivery is for Wednesday though. I might have to call work and tell them I have a fever. [emoji1] A mavic fever

I got mine the day before they said it would be delivered, keep in mind that if you bought direct from DJI someone has to be present to sign for it. Calling in might not be a bad idea unless you have someone else that can take it.
I'm having them hold it at the fed ex building because of the signature requirement and knowing I wouldn't be home. Is there a way to edit my post without reposting it? I noticed I didn't say that day and tried to edit it but it reposted the entire paragraph.

I'm having them hold it at the fed ex building because of the signature requirement and knowing I wouldn't be home. Is there a way to edit my post without reposting it? I noticed I didn't say that day and tried to edit it but it reposted the entire paragraph.

There should be an "Edit" button on the bottom of any of your posts. Not a big deal though.

Good test!
I had a Marco Polo on my Solo, that crashed in the deep woods (my fault, I did a "return-to-home" when it went out of sight not realizing there were taller trees out of my vision).
It worked perfectly, and I seriously doubt I would have found it otherwise.

Reactions: XnavyDude
I've been checking the tracking number every few hours lol. It left fed ex in Austell Ga. At 119am and hasn't been scanned anywhere since darn it. The scheduled delivery is for Wednesday though. I might have to call work and tell them I have a fever. [emoji1] A mavic fever

You might need more cow bell.

Reactions: LakeTravis
Haven't had to use mine in an actual loss situation (and don't want too) but I had my wife drive around the park (2 miles around) and hide the tag in a random spot. I was on my Mountain Bike and found it in about 15 minutes, it was 3/4 mile away. The thing works really well, just read all of the tips for tracking. For pinpoint accuracy when you get close, within 100' or so, the antenna needs to be vertical, at distance it does not matter.

Reactions: OZPILOT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000