DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marco Polo tracker

Thinking about getting this. Not a lot of people showed where they had theirs attached (with pics). Anyone have any pics handy they'd be willing to post up?

TRACKIMO makes a clean install
fbc30d0b083c154170ba76963a287aef.jpg

Yes but the Trackimo is a completely different unit that relies on GPS. I was asking about MP because I don't want to pay a monthly fee.

Mine is in the front, left arm. Haven't seen any problems with it there and still yet to make any calibrations. All is well. I used it a bit to learn how it does, but one of those things you hope to ever need. Experimented enough to feel confident tho.

Good test!
I had a Marco Polo on my Solo, that crashed in the deep woods (my fault, I did a "return-to-home" when it went out of sight not realizing there were taller trees out of my vision).
It worked perfectly, and I seriously doubt I would have found it otherwise.
Does MP have the option to go up when you hit return home to avoid crashing on those trees?

Reactions: Mavman
The only one I can find for sale is in USA and $220 plus $60 freight makes it OZ Dollars $350+ :O
Anyone know another supplier?

The MarcoPolo arrived at my house a week ago, three days after I ordered it thanks to amazon prime free expedited shipping. I decided to order the newer more water resistant Marco Polo a few days after I lost my MavicPro a block away from my house after a gust of wind carried it away while I took it higher up. I couldn’t find the MavicPro via the built in gps locator (it proved to be about 500feet off) after a few hours of searching but, after posting a few “lost drone” flyers around the surrounding blocks the next morning (being that the incident occurred at sundown the previous day) I received a call a few hours later from a little kid who found it atop a big bush in his neighbors yard. I had looked there but apparently I overlooked it. Luckily it landed there and nowhere else - not a thing was damaged after a 70 foot fall. I immediately considered getting insurance in the drone but have yet to do so, but, I IMMEDIATELY bought the newer MarcoPolo unit and always fly with it on, with the tracker in my backpack. I’ve done some hide and seek tests and have been pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of the device, even when held upright as opposed to outwards like a frying pan when trying to determine the height of the device off the ground (if stuck in a tree or something like that). After reading about places to put it I decided dead smack on the forehead would work best and I haven’t experienced any issues thus far, with or without the propeller cages on. Here’s some pics for your viewing pleasure(s): IMG_6815.JPGIMG_6539.JPGIMG_6483.JPG

Ps. Feels good to pop my post cherry. Been on here for months but just now posting; “and it feeels so gooOod lol) WazzaaaAaaAaa from Queens , NY btw !!

What is the point of a tracker when DJI Go shows the coordinates where the drone has landed?
DJI GO will only show you the last recorded location of the drone. That won't always be the location where it landed/crashed if the downlink disconnects mid-flight.

Reactions: Yoda007
The MarcoPolo arrived at my house a week ago, three days after I ordered it thanks to amazon prime free expedited shipping. I decided to order the newer more water resistant Marco Polo a few days after I lost my MavicPro a block away from my house after a gust of wind carried it away while I took it higher up. I couldn’t find the MavicPro via the built in gps locator (it proved to be about 500feet off) after a few hours of searching but, after posting a few “lost drone” flyers around the surrounding blocks the next morning (being that the incident occurred at sundown the previous day) I received a call a few hours later from a little kid who found it atop a big bush in his neighbors yard. I had looked there but apparently I overlooked it. Luckily it landed there and nowhere else - not a thing was damaged after a 70 foot fall. I immediately considered getting insurance in the drone but have yet to do so, but, I IMMEDIATELY bought the newer MarcoPolo unit and always fly with it on, with the tracker in my backpack. I’ve done some hide and seek tests and have been pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of the device, even when held upright as opposed to outwards like a frying pan when trying to determine the height of the device off the ground (if stuck in a tree or something like that). After reading about places to put it I decided dead smack on the forehead would work best and I haven’t experienced any issues thus far, with or without the propeller cages on. Here’s some pics for your viewing pleasure(s): View attachment 35041View attachment 35042View attachment 35043

Ps. Feels good to pop my post cherry. Been on here for months but just now posting; “and it feeels so gooOod lol) WazzaaaAaaAaa from Queens , NY btw !!
Where'd u get those "fancy" prop guards??

I've got 3 of them with one dedicated to my MavicPro, another for my Inspire 1v2, and the 3rd for my Phantom 4. I won't fly without them! The 1st one that I bought saved my P4 that had encountered a 120' high Ponderosa while flying up in the Rocky Mountains at 8,000'+ ASL.

Reactions: Yoda007
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada