DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maryland

There's a few of us in here. I'm further west of you in Washington County.
Just looking for flying opportunities before the cold grounds us for a while. This Saturday looks great!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Okay Maryland pilots, it is getting too cold to reliably meet somewhere to fly so here is what I propose. I'm willing to drive toward Baltimore & DC to meet and fly. I've looked around for a clearance free interesting location and I think that Brighton Dam Park near Olney MD looks interesting. Waiting until things may be warmer makes it seem like early April could work. How about Sat April 8th? It's far enough in advance that calendars should be clear. What do you say?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Subscribed. Too early to commit to April 8th for me but we'll see. Should have mine by then, I hope!

Reactions: ThreeGs
Reactions: originalfoto
Cool, never been down that way. Any raptors in that area we need to be concerned with? I don't even have mine yet but I know I'll not be bringing it to Conowingo, don't want to disturb the bald eagles.

Reactions: SixStringer1000
Cool, never been down that way. Any raptors in that area we need to be concerned with? I don't even have mine yet but I know I'll not be bringing it to Conowingo, don't want to disturb the bald eagles.

That's a very good question. I'll see what info is available.

Love the proposed location! Any ideas of good places to go relatively close to Rockville, MD? My father is in town and want to take him somewhere to see it fly. I've got this and Monacacy River lined up. Just want to have a hassle free experience. Thanks!

Any ideas of good places to go relatively close to Rockville, MD? My father is in town and want to take him somewhere to see it fly. I've got this and Monacacy River lined up. Just want to have a hassle free experience.
I LOVE AirMap.io - It has pretty good info on places where it would not be advisable/legal to fly.

It appears that Rockville is inside the DC no fly zone

There is a quarry here that may be cool to look at from above
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...4c5abb62069dbb!8m2!3d39.0818489!4d-77.2177016

Okay Maryland pilots, it is getting too cold to reliably meet somewhere to fly so here is what I propose. I'm willing to drive toward Baltimore & DC to meet and fly. I've looked around for a clearance free interesting location and I think that Brighton Dam Park near Olney MD looks interesting. Waiting until things may be warmer makes it seem like early April could work. How about Sat April 8th? It's far enough in advance that calendars should be clear. What do you say?

I live in that area near Olney. There are some great flying opportunities. The water is beautiful at sunset. Though it is getting too cold.
Be careful of MANY MAJOR power line towers. There are an abundance of these huge towers and could create interference.
There's also a small unpaved airport close by but no major restrictions. Just follow the FAA guidelines and you'll have a great time.

Has anyone been up to the Dam? I am headed there today and am trying to figure out the best place to park and fly. Oh, and there are slivers of space in Rockville to fly, right at exit 6 off 270 near Woodley Gardens.

Reactions: GetDatMoney
Has anyone been up to the Dam? I am headed there today and am trying to figure out the best place to park and fly. Oh, and there are slivers of space in Rockville to fly, right at exit 6 off 270 near Woodley Gardens.

I will have to try the Woodley Gardens Park! Thought it may still be in the D.C. NFZ as I live in the neighborhood behind the park, West End, and although I am technically a block outside of it, my Mavic will still not take off in my backyard, even with Geo Services disabled.

You have to launch from the upper baseball diamond, across from Carmens Italian ice. The lower field falls into the NFZ.

I just got back from flying at the WSSC reservoir in Fulton and it was clear open and easy to fly. Patuxent River Watershed Conservation Park
2216–2298 Ednor Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20905 plenty of parking and the water levels are really low now.

1a9ece0c255f401697e140ff9b86e6ab.jpg
4bd03c69638a08a871ff21a07417a20c.jpg

I'll be sure to mark that date on my calendar hopefully the weather cooperates where we could all Mavic. Currently I'm in the Hyattsville area and fly in a tight space around Rt 301 just off of Rt 214 always looking for something else to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.PNG
    IMG_0114.PNG
    3.4 MB · Views: 49
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada