DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maryland

Just as a suggestion, I know it's quite a bit further north, but Prettyboy dam is in the clear. That's another great location

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I posted a change of venue earlier today (post deleted) that should be ignored. Sorry everyone.

Just as a suggestion, I know it's quite a bit further north, but Prettyboy dam is in the clear. That's another great location

I'm all for this being a second location if we'd like to meet again in the future. It is, for me in Western MD, a bit more of a drive. But it looks nice.

Reactions: stuffonastick

I may also be interested but already have plans for 4/1. The area around Clarksville at the dam is very pretty. There are 3 heliports within 5 miles. At some point in the future, Prettyboy Dam is equally nice, with no airports to be concerned about. In these parts thats rare. Little airports or heliports everywhere! Many are no longer used by still registered.

Reactions: stuffonastick
I may also be interested but already have plans for 4/1. The area around Clarksville at the dam is very pretty. There are 3 heliports within 5 miles. At some point in the future, Prettyboy Dam is equally nice, with no airports to be concerned about. In these parts thats rare. Little airports or heliports everywhere! Many are no longer used by still registered.

Wow, just looked that up - that place looks awesome! about a 2 1/2 hour ride, but might be worth it?

The area around Rock Hall also has no airports to worry about. Super nice area for a day trip. It's on the Eastern Shore north of the Bay Bridge. The common theme for locations appears to be flying over water. I purchased 2 getterbacks for this purpose, just in case, although not sure how I'd retrieve it....and I ain't going swimming this time of year. ;(

Reactions: ThreeGs
So, I hope everybody is of the mindset, "the more the merrier".
I mentioned this gathering in a locally related quadcopter Facebook group and have gotten a bunch of pilots replying that they'll be attending.
Steady yourselves Mavic purists, there will be other models attending.
This should be lots of fun!

Hey folks that are interested in the April 1st meet & fly: It was brought to my attention that the Brighton Dam location would require a permit to even get access to the grounds. I don't want to mess with that so I think I found a solution that is not too far away and is MUCH cleaner airspace (not even any heliports!!). Take a look at Ovid Hazen Wells Recreational Park. Google it. It stands to be a little more crowded but the rules only talk about person operated aircraft being restricted. It says nothing about Remote Operated Aircraft. Let me know what you think of this location.

Hey folks that are interested in the April 1st meet & fly: It was brought to my attention that the Brighton Dam location would require a permit to even get access to the grounds. I don't want to mess with that so I think I found a solution that is not too far away and is MUCH cleaner airspace (not even any heliports!!). Take a look at Ovid Hazen Wells Recreational Park. Google it. It stands to be a little more crowded but the rules only talk about person operated aircraft being restricted. It says nothing about Remote Operated Aircraft. Let me know what you think of this location.
Isn't that within the DCA flight prohibited area?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580