DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mav Camera Quality???

bschaub

Reactions
After seeing posted video from the Mavic, I am rethinking the decision as I wait. No offense to those who have Mavs but I am not seeing very good quality even when screen focus has been invoked. Any others of you, seeing this serious trade off? (Thinking of going P4Pro.) Thx for your opinions.

You can't tell by online viewing as the video is compressed far behind what would be left after Donald Trump is put through a meat grinder!
You have to look on a big 4K monitor to compare it with the Phantom or Even the Inspire! I think you will be surprised!

Unfortunately, Trump aside, my videos are used in the PC world. Do you think that the Mav quality, for whatever reasons, will appear worse on PCs (& hosts compression) than say a P4Pro? Thx.

Unfortunately, Trump aside, my videos are used in the PC world. Do you think that the Mav quality, for whatever reasons, will appear worse on PCs (& hosts compression) than say a P4Pro? Thx.
No, it will look good on a computer screen.

I view the videos on my laptop with great results.
The choice is yours , if your looking for portability and price , then it's the way to go.
True the p4pro has a bigger sensor , but I have seen videos and stills out there from the Mavic that show it's equally capable.
It's like computer technology, the more you hesitate the more you wait.. because every few months a newer upgrade appears and you get stuck in that decision circle !

It's just different from for example P3Pro.
To get the best from it you need a bit of care and knowledge both recording and processing - in particular default settings are excessively sharp causing moiré and artefacts such as I haven't had to tackle since the Vision Plus.

the p4pro has a bigger sensor , but I have seen videos and stills out there from the Mavic that show it's equally capable
Absolutely not, it isn't as good as Phantom 4 let alone P4Pro, but with care it can just about better the P3Pro.

Not good enough?

For me the portability and discretion beat any potential video quality improvement beyond that. Obviously it may not for you, your call.

Reactions: mikeroycollins
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom