MAVIC - Apple Store availability

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by CAPTAINDRONE, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CAPTAINDRONE

CAPTAINDRONE Well-Known Member

Is the Apple web site correct? Here are both a screen shot from the US Apple site and the CANADIAN Apple Site. In the US one can buy the MAVIC at an Apple Store on December 14. For Canadians it is December 19th. Odd, I thought November was the original date.

us.jpg

CANADA.jpg

2. GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy Well-Known Member

Wow! Kinda missed that announced "in stores" November 2 date by almost 6 weeks! Could there have been some issues with the first production units that have delayed deliveries? Better to get it right and be late, than be on time and defective! :cool: Demand has outstripped supply!

Last I heard, only those who ordered within the first 2 hours have been shipped, and that wasn't until last week, not on October 15, as originally promised. The rest of us are somewhere in the very long queue behind them! :rolleyes:

3. WWK888

WWK888 Active Member

I had a chat with DJI today and "Liu" indicated that they started shipping the orders placed on 9-17 to 10-12. I still have some time to wait apparently.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

4. GadgetGuy

Personally, I wouldn't place too much credence on any DJI chat results. DJI appears to be using computer Bots to answer all online chat questions, and whenever the Bot encounters an unscripted question, the Bot tells you to email DJI or call customer support. :rolleyes: Try it! :p

5. WWK888

WWK888 Active Member

Yeah I know what you mean. It is funny that the chat tells you to email customer service and when you email them they tell you to use that chat feature. Sometimes they will just end the chat if they can't answer your question...LOL.

6. GadgetGuy

Nothing like programming in an "endless loop" to avoid answering a question! It's the modern day equivalent of "getting the runaround!":rolleyes:
    Those Chat Bots lawyer up pretty quickly when you try and pin them down to any commitment! LOL

#6 GadgetGuy, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    WWK888 likes this.
  7. RussTanger

RussTanger Member

Ordered the Mavic Pro through Apple on Sept 28th. Received it yesterday at the Apple Store.

8. Ron Teach

Ron Teach New Member

I just checked the Apple website for the store in Boise Idaho, and the Pick Up Date is January 16th. I placed my order with DJI on November 4th, so am expecting my drone to arrive sometime after January 2nd anyway, even though DJI said "Ships in December, first come, first served".

9. dji P5

dji P5 New Member

Yes,place my order today from apple store

Attached Files: