DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Around The World Video - Let's do it for real!

Montreal_Mavic

Reactions
Tried to start this about a month ago but not a lot of people had their mavics, so let's do it now :D

Hi guys!
I have a cool project idea, it will be called Mavic around the world. I want to make a video with shots from Mavics all around the world.

So if you want to participate, upload your best Mavic clip here: Mavic around the world - Google Drive and rename the file with your youtube username and the video location (ex. yannb_Montreal canada.mp4). Shoot in 2.7k 30 fps if possible and with a flat profile and don't use auto white balance, choose accordingly to the scene (usually cloudy or sunny)!

P.S. If you don't have google Chrome, just send the file via www.wetransfer.com at my email: [email protected]

I will download them and make a cool edit and in the description i will add all your youtube channels with the timecode!

So let me know what you think and add your video! If this works we'll, we could do one every month or so.

You have until FEB. 28th to send your best video :D

P.S. Don't worry, i will not stole your video to do something else, you videos will only be used in the mavic around the world video and credits will be given!

Last edited:
I'm in! You might want to advise on a video resolution or settings for contrast sharpness etc that we all use so the video quality is consistent?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Montreal_Mavic
If we're using a flat profile are you doing. The colour grading?

Also we should use the appropriate white balance for the scene not auto so that it's easier for colour grading :)

If we're using a flat profile are you doing. The colour grading?

Also we should use the appropriate white balance for the scene not auto so that it's easier for colour grading :)

Yes, i will color grade, so we have a more uniform look! and also good point on the white balance, i will specify it :)

Great idea, I have been unhappy to notice that your first call was not responded, but most didn't have their Mavic at that time.
So I'm in, hope to get some worth-watching (does this word exist??) footage to contribute :)
Cheers, Randolph

I was trying to drop a video as this sounds fun but the Google Drive permission doesn't allow it for whatever it seems unless I am doing something wrong.

Sounds fun, I'll see what I can do, just need to wait for this storm to pass, the south of England is too wet and windy to fly at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

it should work now :)

Alright, it just finished uploading. Wasn't exactly sure what kind of story narrative or style you were going to use for the editing so I just uploaded a small variety of stuff and lengths. Have been capturing like footage everyday so feel free to snoop around my channel if you see something that you think would be good for your cut.

So let me know what you think and add your video! If this works we'll, we could do one every month or so.

P.S. Don't worry, i will not stole your video to do something else, you videos will only be used in the mavic around the world video and credits will be given!

Nice idea. Unfortunately I do not have any flat footage. As soon as weather recovers you will get some footage from Germany, surroundings of Hanau.

Cheers - Oldtrapper

Last edited:
Count me in.

My wife and I are going on vacation abroad in 2 days, the Mavic is coming with us. I'm bringing a 2TB portable hard drive, the macbook pro, and 3 mem cards to use on during the day. We are going to be abroad for about 2 weeks and visit couple of countries. This will be a great opportunity to share the footage I will be taking with the Mavic from Costa Rica and possibly Nicaragua.

Ok so just to be clear 2.7K 30 fps, flat profile and no AWB correct?.

When you say flat profile any one in particular?

Last edited:
Ok so just to be clear 2.7K 30 fps, flat profile and no AWB correct?.

When you say flat profile any one in particular?

Great, can't wait to see the footage!
And yes, that's right, for flat profile, i use art, but anything that's not too contrasty and saturated will work

Tried to start this about a month ago but not a lot of people had their mavics, so let's do it now :D

Hi guys!
I have a cool project idea, it will be called Mavic around the world. I want to make a video with shots from Mavics all around the world.

So if you want to participate, upload your best Mavic clip here: Mavic around the world - Google Drive and rename the file with your youtube username and the video location (ex. yannb_Montreal canada.mp4). Shoot in 2.7k 30 fps if possible and with a flat profile and don't use auto white balance, choose accordingly to the scene (usually cloudy or sunny)!

P.S. If you don't have google Chrome, just send the file via www.wetransfer.com at my email: [email protected]

I will download them and make a cool edit and in the description i will add all your youtube channels with the timecode!

will we share the profits of the # of views? :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato