DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Batteries - check in on flight or hand luggage ?

shaunkolah18

Reactions
Hey guys I'm travelling with my Mavic Pro. Does anyone know if I need to carry the batteries in my hand luggage or is it ok if I travel with them in my check in luggage.
Leaving tomorrow. Would be great if anyone can help.
Thanks in advance
Shaun.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You must pack your batteries in your carry-on bag.

Reactions: shaunkolah18
You absolutely should not put them in your checked luggage. Lipo's need to go in carry on bags with their terminals taped.

Unless in Mexico. I read someplace that our friends from south of the border actually want them in the baggage compartment. Even if you are flying an American airline back to the US. But please do your homework if traveling from Mexico to the US to be sure.

Another thing you might want to get is some lipo flame retardant bags such as these. Amazon has similar items. I just posted that link since that's where I bought mine a week ago.

Unless in Mexico. I read someplace that our friends from south of the border actually want them in the baggage compartment. Even if you are flying an American airline back to the US. But please do your homework if traveling from Mexico to the US to be sure.

Another thing you might want to get is some lipo flame retardant bags such as these. Amazon has similar items. I just posted that link since that's where I bought mine a week ago.
I have never seen anything that says you are allowed to put LiPos in checked baggage. Everything I have seen from the FAA says they must be packed appropriately in carry on luggage. Terminals taped or covered and suggested they be packed in individual ziplock to further prevent any chance for short.

Took my Mavic on holiday two weeks ago. Just packed it into the fly more bag. Security didn't even open it. It says in the Mavic manual about running batteries down or something before a long flight/journey. The airline your traveling with should have information on how much whr worth of lipos your allowed to carry on and in check in.

I printed out the airlines restrictions on lipos and brought a fire retardant Lipo bag just encase.

On a side note. The fly more bag will fit into a standard hotel safe. Well, it fitted into the Spanish hotel I stayed in.

I have never seen anything that says you are allowed to put LiPos in checked baggage. Everything I have seen from the FAA says they must be packed appropriately in carry on luggage. Terminals taped or covered and suggested they be packed in individual ziplock to further prevent any chance for short.
Everything from the FAA does say that. You are correct. I'm talking about the Mexican authorities. I'll try and find what I read about that. I thought it was on here someplace...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242