DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic - Battery Charging Hub vs Advanced

Pmason718

Reactions
What's the difference? is it worth purchasing the advanced? I only have a total of 2 batteries.

What's the difference? is it worth purchasing the advanced? I only have a total of 2 batteries.

I wouldn't bother to be honest. The advanced will just charge batteries quicker. I have three batteries and quite unlikely I will need more than that on any day!

I have three and I am sticking with the standard, to have the advance work properly you also need the P4 100w charger so a total of $110 or so, I would rather charge my batteries at night and save the money toward a CrystalSky (or iPad mini4.)
Regards,
-d

Last edited:
Has anyone noted that the standard charger is only $19 (especially if you happen to have a few of the correct AC cables around, since it's an extra $6 for that for the US version, at least)? You can get 3 of those (to bring your simultaneous, independent charging count up to 4, equivalent to using the charging hub) for $57, $2 more than the cost of the advanced charging hub.

Reactions: coop64
Has anyone noted that the standard charger is only $19 (especially if you happen to have a few of the correct AC cables around, since it's an extra $6 for that for the US version, at least)? You can get 3 of those (to bring your simultaneous, independent charging count up to 4, equivalent to using the charging hub) for $57, $2 more than the cost of the advanced charging hub.

I nearly bought a spare charger but it's more hassle than doing from one supply.

I have purchased the Advanced Hub and P4 100w charger as well as two more batteries, bringing my total to 4. Still waiting for it to arrive. I find I have had to stop flying a few times sooner than I wanted because I ran out of battery power.

I have purchased the Advanced Hub and P4 100w charger as well as two more batteries, bringing my total to 4. Still waiting for it to arrive. I find I have had to stop flying a few times sooner than I wanted because I ran out of battery power.
Then you made the right decision, where I live I am lucky to burn through one battery.
Regards,
-d.

Standard Battery Charging Hub: Amazon or DJI
Advanced Battery Charging Hub: Amazon or DJI

Last edited:
I only own the standard DJI charging hub.

Since I have only two batteries and not planning to get 3rd one anytime soon. I am going to buy another charger for $19. It will also serve as backup in case the first one dies, in which case a charging hub will be useless. Also this will reduce charging time as I will be able to charge both batteries simultaneously vs. one at a time with the hubs.

Since I have only two batteries and not planning to get 3rd one anytime soon. I am going to buy another charger for $19. It will also serve as backup in case the first one dies, in which case a charging hub will be useless. Also this will reduce charging time as I will be able to charge both batteries simultaneously vs. one at a time with the hubs.

Please check dates on last replies - this is a 9-month old thread!

As for your charger - the blue "Yx" Mavic chargers shown below are reliable and I can recommend them. It will simultaneously charge up to 3 batteries.

An older version of this charger had an issue where it wasn't grounded, and had poor QC. The standard version below has been upgraded with removable charging wires (from charger to battery) and an LCD display for current.

Untitled-1_1024x1024.jpg

As for your charger - the blue "Yx" Mavic chargers shown below are reliable and I can recommend them. It will simultaneously charge up to 3 batteries.

An older version of this charger had an issue where it wasn't grounded, and had poor QC. The standard version below has been upgraded with removable charging wires (from charger to battery) and an LCD display for current.

Untitled-1_1024x1024.jpg

I have this version and am very happy with it. Especially nice when flying with cages as the flight time is only about 12 minutes.

This is the latest version

0174b8aa6b8e62807988e4f53bde07a0.jpg

Untitled-1_1024x1024.jpg

What difference does it make, the thread is not locked. Didn’t know there was expiration date on threads. Since the batteries and chargers are pretty much the same, why can’t I dig up an old thread? Also, If I start a new thread someone will complain that there is an existing one.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the blue charger, not interested in 3rd party accessories.

Reactions: crisp007
What difference does it make, the thread is not locked. Didn’t know there was expiration date on threads. Since the batteries and chargers are pretty much the same, why can’t I dig up an old thread? Also, If I start a new thread someone will complain that there is an existing one.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the blue charger, not interested in 3rd party accessories.

The thread drew to a close and wasn't updated in 9 months because there was nothing further to be added.

Had you started a new thread with your comment, yes; someone would have complained, but not because there was an old thread.

Had your reply added relevant new information, answered an old question or been of benefit to multiple parties earlier on in the thread, I'd understand wanting to reply to a thread instead of messaging an individual directly.

I wonder if a mains adapter to 12V in-car socket would function with the Mavic's in-car charger? Probably a lot cheaper than a whole new charger.

@Anthony

Have you left it to charge batteries unattended or overnight? Not that I do that even with DJI Charger. I am just concerned about using 3rd party batteries and chargers for primarily two reasons, safety, and damage to batteries.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000