DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic battery firmware logic

MacIak

Reactions
I'm really looking for an answer cause I need to do some modding, in short:

My mavic aka " the Creep" is emotionally attached to FW V.0200
Im planning to give the Creep some new batteries and modify them so it can reside in the air for longer periods.
If I buy these batteries they surely might not match the Creep's current FW so... How does the battery FW logic work here? Does the Mavic up- or downgrade the battery firmware to match the aircraft (offline) or am I forced to upgrade the mavic? The last one I want to avoid. Any idea's?

I am only guessing but I believe it will give you an error and ask you to perform an update. I doubt it is intuitive enough to allow you to downgrade instead of update. Weather the mismatched firmware on the battery and the drone will cause any issues or even allow you to fly are unknown.

I am only guessing but I believe it will give you an error and ask you to perform an update. I doubt it is intuitive enough to allow you to downgrade instead of update. Weather the mismatched firmware on the battery and the drone will cause any issues or even allow you to fly are unknown.
Just thinking of this....DJI assistant always had an option to downgrade firmware. Imagine if you had to downgrade for some reason and you have 4 batteries? Surely you'd have to be able to downgrade the FW of the remaining batteries as well. Just no idea if this happens via internet connection or via mavic?

i only once had this, it seemed to me the battery graded itself to the FW i had in the RC and Mavic but i had not put the spare batteries in it took literally seconds and gave me a message i just really don't remember what it was. Someone like @Cyberpower678 might be able to help as i am sure he upgrades and downgrades his i could be wrong though.

I'm really looking for an answer cause I need to do some modding, in short:

My mavic aka " the Creep" is emotionally attached to FW V.0200
Im planning to give the Creep some new batteries and modify them so it can reside in the air for longer periods.
If I buy these batteries they surely might not match the Creep's current FW so... How does the battery FW logic work here? Does the Mavic up- or downgrade the battery firmware to match the aircraft (offline) or am I forced to upgrade the mavic? The last one I want to avoid. Any idea's?

I downgraded to .400 and it seemed as if the batteries followed as I plugged them in. Got a upgrade notification but that's coz I'm on 400 not the latest which I don't want.

I downgraded to .400 and it seemed as if the batteries followed as I plugged them in. Got a upgrade notification but that's coz I'm on 400 not the latest which I don't want.
Some upgrades do not need a battery fw. So downgrading has no influence either. I honestly have not been keeping track of the upgrades and what they do. All i know is i stopped cause i had the idea DJI had some monkeys up their sleeve and every firmware was crappier than the previous one.

i only once had this, it seemed to me the battery graded itself to the FW i had in the RC and Mavic but i had not put the spare batteries in it took literally seconds and gave me a message i just really don't remember what it was. Someone like @Cyberpower678 might be able to help as i am sure he upgrades and downgrades his i could be wrong though.
When there is a FW mismatch between the battery and Mavic, or in any of the devices, it will try to conform to what the drone has installed in my experience, unless it can't get a copy of the FW, in which case you may be looking at an upgrade. But in your case, it's probably just going to downgrade the battery to .200

I downgraded quad and controller to .400 from .700 recently and haven't received any notifications about mismatched FW in relation to the battery.

That's because the last battery upgrade was going from .300 to .400. No battery upgrades since .400 to my knowledge

When there is a FW mismatch between the battery and Mavic, or in any of the devices, it will try to conform to what the drone has installed in my experience, unless it can't get a copy of the FW, in which case you may be looking at an upgrade. But in your case, it's probably just going to downgrade the battery to .200
Ok thanks. Gonna get 1 battery and try this. I will post here to confirm the result.

Ok, so i plugged a new battery in and switched on everything ( offline: no wifi, no network) ....nothing! Did another reboot, still nothing. Im on fw .0200 as said.
Was there no battery fw update after this? Anyone knows which fw have battery update in them?

Ok, so i plugged a new battery in and switched on everything ( offline: no wifi, no network) ....nothing! Did another reboot, still nothing. Im on fw .0200 as said.
Was there no battery fw update after this? Anyone knows which fw have battery update in them?
I believe only .300 had one.

I used the new pack today. No update prompt and no issues. Battery must have been "older", with fw.0200 or below.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest