DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic battery not charging

bradyn

Reactions
One of my Mavic batteries struggles to charge. Every now and then when I put it on charge the 1st LED on the battery flashes 3 times repeatedly. The charging docks light also changes to red. Do I have a faulty battery?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using MavicPilots mobile app

What happens when you disconnect the battery from the charger and press the battery button once? Does the battery turn on? Did you try connecting the battery directly to the charger (without the dock)?

What happens when you disconnect the battery from the charger and press the battery button once? Does the battery turn on? Did you try connecting the battery directly to the charger (without the dock)?
When disconnected, the flashing stops and works like the others. If I single tap it shows me how much power I have left, If I double tap it switches on and double tap to switch off.

Tried it on different sections of the doc and I get the same result. I haven't tried it without the dock yet.

The battery on the left is the problem. When I plugged all the batteries in it was the battery with the most power as well. I took it off for a few minutes, plugged it back in and then in worked. Battery was no different from the others, same temperature etc.

Please try without the hub. As I understand it, the hub charges one battery at a time so it's possible it wasn't ready to charge that battery yet.

I have the same thing with two of my three batteries this morning. When the first one started doing it I put it back in the drone and fired everything up. I went to the battery settings in Go4 and it said everything was good. I took it off the drone and put it back on the charger and it worked. When the next battery started doing it I just left it on the charger while I was downloading the videos and when I looked back at it, in 5 minutes or so, it was charging. Don't know what the problem is (or if there is a problem), but just leaving it on the charger worked for me.

Reactions: yerfdog5
7423a15ec53daf890080598f63b379cd.jpg
I think what you have is a battery too warm to charge yet?

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

It's working as intended. The charger charges one battery at a time. It does not charge them all simultaneously.

None of my batteries will charge on the hub and the mains charger they will only charge if i use the car charger and the hub but they all charge ok without the hub

Sent from my SM-N910F using MavicPilots mobile app

I have a battery that will not charge like bradyn's. Push the button and it flashes 3 times. If I put in on the 4 way charger it looks like it might charge but then the charges light turns red. Same if it plug it in directly or with the hub. Of course there isn't a light without the hub. After a while from time to time the battery will blink the #1 light 16 times. I put it and two other room temp batteries in the charger three days ago and left it overnight and that's when the problem started. It's been room temp for a week so it's not to hot. My other three batteries are working so far. Any ides? I'll give the car charger a try but don't hold out much hope. Anyone know what the warranty is on the batteries?

Reactions: AZMtbTours
If it is blinking 3 short blinks the battery is too hot. Put it in the freezer for 2 minutes and take it back to the charger. Will work fine.

Related problem here as well, except in my case it's not doing anything. No lights illuminating, doesn't charge on hub or just with charging cable. For all intents it's completely dead.

Seriously, a four-bay battery charger that only charges one battery at a time. Could you come up with a more frustrating and inferior system if you tried....?

Reactions: Bransty
Hi all those Mavic pilots, I have a battery that when connected to charger blinks also 16 times as 2 blinks per second rate and then stops for 5 seconds and blinks again 16 times, and so on.
I just read that it means it was a over current, so the question if anyone knows how to reset this error ?
the battery seems to start when press the on button and stop as normal start stop procedure, but do not charge.

any hint?

Reactions: AZMtbTours
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest