DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic bricked mid flight need answers !

Drew77

Reactions
Hey everyone im new to the forum,I signed up here because looks people on this site seem to have better understanding about the mavic than the dji site. So here is what I posted on the other site

So this moring I went to fly my drone,Like I've done before i set everthing up put the drone on the pad, Did the auto lift off and let it set the home point.

Everthing was going great, had a great signle and 59% battery left, then i got a message on the dji go app (I think it said weak signle) so I hit return to home just to be safe, as soon as I hit that BOOM everthing went down, the controller went back to connect mode (87% battery BTW) and the DJI go app pretty much shut off and disconnect from the drone, Tho the map was still up with the spot where it had lost single.

At the point I was thinking its ok I hit return to home like I have before and it would come back, so I waited about 5min and nothing it never came back( EVEN tho on the map screen there was a green line going back to my position.

So I jumed in the car and drove down the road to where it was on the map, I pulled into the person driveway and there it was next to a camper and it landed on its feet and the lights were still on, the drone was little beat up few samll scratches the gimble was broken (looks like the mount) and all the blades were chewed up.

So i start asking myself what the heck happened, I checked the flight records and from what I can tell the motor shut off (around 320ft) and went into freefall from what i can tell and must of it the ground, and maybe somepoint after that im going by what the data sais it tried to take off again? So anyway as you can imagine im pretty upset at this point and would love some input on what might have happened???? TAHNK YOU in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 247
At first I would have assumed that you hit something, especially since your were in Sport Mode and OA is off, but hell you were surely high enough to avoid crap in that area. Doesn't look like the RTH command was ever received.

Download the aircraft log, that will ahve data until the end. Send it to DJI.

Thanks Anthony for the response I know I thought the same thing even the flight log the drone just stops recording and everything weird?? I tried to get in contact with dji no response yet it's been one full week?
That's why I was hoping to get a more technical answer from here I don't have a lot of faith in dji response right now , I'm going to try to get the whole DAT file up so people can read but as you can see above from the few I got something deff went wrong

There are a few guys here who can pretty much tell you exactly what happened after you upload your logs. Search "how to upload DAT file" and these guys will likely chime in.

Someone else brought that up in my other post, Im sure it is possible but it was early in the morning, I did not see any birds that day and when they do come out they usually come out later in the day
Im going to try to upload the DAT files now

I just converted the dat file and it basically contains the same data as he had posted earlier

Just getting ready to ask that question, because the 008 file just stops with him still in the air.
And, at the very end the motorVolts drops from around 10 volts to 6 volts.
upload_2017-2-3_9-41-36.png

The drop in voltage doesn't show on the battery data because it's reported at 1 Hz. The motor data is reported at 50 Hz. To get this graph DatCon was used and set to 200 Hz. (also the time interval 580 to recordingStop was specified). The .csv generated by DatCon was then submitted to CsvView.

And, at the very end the motorVolts drops from around 10 volts to 6 volts.
View attachment 5637

The drop in voltage doesn't show on the battery data because it's reported at 1 Hz. The motor data is reported at 50 Hz. To get this graph DatCon was used and set to 200 Hz. (also the time interval 580 to recordingStop was specified). The .csv generated by DatCon was then submitted to CsvView.
Thanks Bud...very nice utilty

Yes there is an 09 flie, that is being uploaded right now, The 08 file is what happened to me that day,my connection to my rc and the dji4 app just stopped working and i went looking for the drone

it should be up now Dropbox - FLY009.DAT

So I know you guys are very busy looking at the data and I have to say thank you (i did not get this kind of help on dji site)

But from what you have read on the flight 008, is there anything you can tell was pilot error? I mean thats when I lost all control I had good gps lock and everything seemed good across the board and boom my rc juts said connecting and the dji4 app said disconnected from aircraft. I just dont see what I did wrong to say pilot error, Im mean if i was being dumb and was 3 miles away behind a mountain and crashed or if I rammed it into a tree yes its my fault, but from all this im just kinda upset at this point not getting a clear answer...

@BudWalker Do you have any tricks to view flight009.dat? I threw it into csvview and it seems corrupt (not much of a surprise given the circumstances of its creation...) It's obvious to me that this crash is not due to pilot error, however, I have no clue what to look for to prove it! Is there some sort of error log or command line output hidden somewhere that could shed some light?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98