DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic camera is foggy/blurry for first few minutes then clears? Why?

Micah

Reactions
Has anyone had this happen? Seems the last few times I've flown, all of the images are super foggy and muted for a few minutes....but certain parts of the image may be sharp and clear. It's this way in both photo and video mode. I shoot in Raw.

After a few minutes, the image clears and is crisp and clean. I need to check if it happens every time. I am not in a climate that leads to foggy lenses when going indoors or outdoors so that should not be a problem.

After downloading images, they look just like they did on the iphone screen ... foggy and blurry

Anyone had this problem? Any ideas?

Reactions: Bigfoot
Are you hitting the focus button to focus the camera? The camera does not auto focus. If not, it will take a few seconds for the infinite focus to kick in once you're in the air.

sorry, should have been more clear. It is not a focus issue as I know how to focus it and try to continuously focus on different points hoping that it is a focus problem...but it is not the case. It is more of a haze, or cloudy, of foggy issue with the camera or cpu as it is not the case outside.

Could it be condensation inside the camera?

Is there a 'temperature shock' when you start filming, that clears when the drone has warmed up?

Do you keep your drone in the car boot on the way to a flight / shoot?

If it's 'colder' than the ambient air, then humidity can condense in the lens until the temperature rises, this happens a lot when you take cameras from one temperature to another (indoors to outdoors & vice versa)

Have a try and see if the problem persists if you put the drone in the car footwell and get it nice and warm before the shoot, by having the heater on on the way to the flight?

Has anyone had this happen? Seems the last few times I've flown, all of the images are super foggy and muted for a few minutes....but certain parts of the image may be sharp and clear. It's this way in both photo and video mode. I shoot in Raw.

After a few minutes, the image clears and is crisp and clean. I need to check if it happens every time. I am not in a climate that leads to foggy lenses when going indoors or outdoors so that should not be a problem.

After downloading images, they look just like they did on the iphone screen ... foggy and blurry

Anyone had this problem? Any ideas?

Here in the Texas heat, this happens every time you take the Mavic from the cold air conditioning (of the house or car) to the humid and hot outside air. Just check the lens front and see if it's condensation. I just always bring a lens wipe and clear it off before starting up the drone and don't have a problem after that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka