DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAvic camera - Timelapse not stable with the Mavic standing stiill over a table

FernandaRamos

Reactions
Hello! I have tried to make a timelapse with my Mavic sitting on a table, not flying. The pictures came up not perfect aligned. Has anyone tested it before? I thought that, with the Mavic not flying, the pictures should look as if it was on a tripod. Performed the same test shooting video, and the camera also moves (slightly, the timelapse pictures makes it more evident). Could that be a guimbal problem, or al the mavics behave this way? Attached, 2 pictures where you can see the de, as if the Mavic moved the camera. I thought that it would look like if was a camera over a tripod.

Attachments

• DJI_0004.JPG
    DJI_0004.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 59
  • DJI_0005.JPG
    DJI_0005.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
Edit: Sorry, I just realized you said "sitting on a table" and not flying. Forget what I said. That's weird.

You have to remember this is a machine flying in the air. It's impossible for it to stay completely stationary. If you are trying to shoot a time lapse video, you will need to add some stabilization in post. Here's a time lapse I did a few nights ago. The Mavic was 400 feet high looking at the sunset. Although the Mavic did a fantastic job of staying in place, I did have to stabilize the footage in post. This is about 25 minutes time lapsed to 15 seconds.

Thank you! It is really nice your timelapse.

Did you use after effects to stabilyze it, or another software?

Dis you take pictures, or accelerated a video?

Thank you very much,

Fernanda.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized you said "sitting on a table" and not flying. Forget what I said. That's weird.

You have to remember this is a machine flying in the air. It's impossible for it to stay completely stationary. If you are trying to shoot a time lapse video, you will need to add some stabilization in post. Here's a time lapse I did a few nights ago. The Mavic was 400 feet high looking at the sunset. Although the Mavic did a fantastic job of staying in place, I did have to stabilize the footage in post. This is about 25 minutes time lapsed to 15 seconds.

I took the sunset as one long 25 minute video. I then sped it up by 800 times. I used the warp effect in Adobe Premiere to stabilize the horizon once the warp effect was applied. I'm glad you like it.

Did you get your issue resolved?

Reactions: FernandaRamos
Hovering did not work very well for timelapse with photos, today, during my first flight. Perhaps, in order to a drone timelapse works, perhaps there must be some movement. I tried hovering with this urban landscape, and the changes in all axis changed to way mutch for stibilizing. I wasnt abe to stabilize. I can send you the result if you like.

I took the sunset as one long 25 minute video. I then sped it up by 800 times. I used the warp effect in Adobe Premiere to stabilize the horizon once the warp effect was applied. I'm glad you like it.

Did you get your issue resolved?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S