DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic color settings

Yes I have and yes it produces really nice images. There was a lot of self named pros stating that you should use -1 or -2 on sharpness. The bottomline is you shouldnt.

0 or +1 works way better

I lost a lot of footage due to having set the sharpness to -2 as per recommendation from multiple videos.
Here is what happens at -2:

dPkSUMu.jpg

16 days of footage wasted. Well, mostly shots in dim light. Setting the sharpness to 0 or lower will introduce the most agressive noise cancelling I've ever witnessed. The video OP posted is a live saver and I wish it had been published earlier.

I agree with you stratos...... this using -1. -2 sharpness is horrible ..... I give a try and you the topaz Denoise as described

Does the firmware updates affect the sharpness / contrast / saturation intensities too?

I lost a lot of footage due to having set the sharpness to -2 as per recommendation from multiple videos.
Here is what happens at -2:

dPkSUMu.jpg

16 days of footage wasted. Well, mostly shots in dim light. Setting the sharpness to 0 or lower will introduce the most agressive noise cancelling I've ever witnessed. The video OP posted is a live saver and I wish it had been published earlier.

Yes I agree actually I was quite dissapointed with my shots. Using and ND filter Iso 100 shutter at 60 and sharpness -1 , my videos looked crap all mushy and horrible. Going 0 or +1 makes a whole difference !!!!

This is a very nice tip..

I did take some beach side near sunset but the quality was so bad I Dumped the whole video I took..
Now I see why..

I can't believe how bad the manual is, nothing about what the options for the camera is. Which is the settings for sharpness? The small triangle?
I noticed that the Landscape preset has the circle and triangle to +1 already.

I can't believe how bad the manual is, nothing about what the options for the camera is. Which is the settings for sharpness? The small triangle?
I noticed that the Landscape preset has the circle and triangle to +1 already.
When you are in the Go4 app with the bird connected, on the lower RH side you see an image of some sliders. Tap this,and you will see the camera/photography/video settings. When you then select "Style", you see "Standard", "Landscape","Soft" and "Custom". For all these styles you can set three values (I believe sharpening, contrast and...). We are talking about the first value of the three here.

Reactions: SeaComms
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60