DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic compass failed to calibrate

AYA74

Reactions
Hi. I just received my Mavic yesterday, did a full upgrade of the unit and RC firmware and while outdoor and trying to calibrate, impossible to calibrate despite being in open field without any metallic stuff around me. When checking the sensor, it shows that only Compass 1 is in use and seems to react to the magnetic environment but not the compass 2 that stays in the red... any one know would know how to fix this problem? Do I have a defect unit? See some screenshots for your reference.
cd6b56cd6418ae74cab3093537210c3b.jpg

4d91a8f39f33d84e522e6e538a3d52f2.jpg

75c398a0072826616f63453c8673950a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Eric Wong
Looks like a broken compass to me, but like it says, contact DJI. That's tough luck, I feel for you, receiving it broken..

Probably not very useful, but just a few quick thoughts.........Are you standing well away from your controller/phone? Have you emptied pockets of keys etc,? Are you wearing an Apple watch? Any metal plates in your body?

Hope you get it sorted:(

Yep, nothing magnetic or metallic on me and standing a few meters away from the remote while doing the calibration move... unless I am a humanoid, looks like I got a defective unit... maybe the first of this kind

It is confirmed to be hardware failure from another guy in HK who experienced the same problem. He got it exchanged the same day but as I am living in Singapore and ordered from Apple, I have no clue yet how long it is going to take for replacement...
Compass 2 Failed ?

Thats a shame .... lets hope your exchange happens quickly . .

Contact them, RMA it, they'll replace it. At least give them a chance to do that before saying they suck

I have the same problem, Mavic sucks, I have tried everything and nothing works. Back to my Phantom 4. Don't know what to do
Just return it to DJI ........ its easy to do and the repair/replacement service is very good by all accounts...

No go just complaining about :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Thanks , what I don't like is that I wrote to them few days ago and got no answer from them, that is not right

They might be as well on holidays so give them a few days to get back to you. By the way, you said you have the same problem as I described, so can you confirm that only one sensor is in the green or yellow while the other one is in red. If so, you will have no choice but to return it to DJI for repair. The turnaround time for me was about 3 weeks including shipping time. Good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580