DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic constantly attacked...

HSK

Reactions
By bees. [emoji219] [emoji219] [emoji219]

Moderate wind conditions, in the afternoon, out in an open field. Was just up about 30 metres trying a few of autopilots features. When I could hear intermittent BAAP WHAAP BAAP FAAP sounds (bees being obliterated) looked closely to see a small swarm of bees surrounding the drone. What the hell. Only way they couldn't keep up was when it was in sports mode. Bought it down, ended up having to clean bee guts and debris from off the Mavic. Been happening each time I fly now (in different places), so it's getting annoying. And it's not easy to clean off. And I suspect damaging if it gets in somewhere crucial.

I guess the sound of the Mavic resonates badly with certain insects.

Long story short, can't predict mother nature, but is there any way to limit this? Flying early or later? I doubt it maybe. But interested to hear your thoughts.

I think when the bees get squished they'll be leaving some kind of pheromone trace on the Mavic which will instigate other bees to attack it. My advice would be to give it an extremely thorough scrub (maybe with some kind of cleaning product) to get rid of this trace. Hopefully that will minimise the likelihood of future attacks.

Reactions: ed1nh0 and HSK
The bee's will keep returning due to their pheromone scent not getting removed from the aircraft.

Reactions: HSK
yes, I thought what may be the case - I've cleaned it using isopropyl (sprayed on a lint free pad) and scrubbed. Maybe that's not enough :O

I have hubsan gps drone too which have same problem. Bees havent attacked my mavic yet

Yeah I live near the sea and the seagulls keep swarming around my Mavic so I bring it back home in case they bring it down cause some of those gulls are huge...

I was flying around a bridge near the river and got swarmed by Swallows. They had nests built all under the bridge and I didn't see them until after I started getting swarmed. That was less than a week after I got the MP so I was really freaking out. But luckily I had the camera rolling so it did make for some interesting footage.

i think a lot of time birds like to play. stick it into sports mode and go up not down as they see you then as a hunter.

i have got pretty used to it now but if they are big or a lot of them i bring it down.

i think a lot of time birds like to play. stick it into sports mode and go up not down as they see you then as a hunter.

i have got pretty used to it now but if they are big or a lot of them i bring it down.

Oh these seagulls are well fed man...can't afford for it to come down....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji