DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic controller mod.

Attex

Reactions
I've been using my good old Samsung s4 for flying but I have noticed some thing I miss but are obvious on the pc in my videos. So I'm wanting a tablet now. Being restricted by size sucks. So I modified my controller arms. I can fit my son's Kindle fire 8" in it all thoughyou can't get dji go on it. Still gives me an idea of what to look for. Fits snug enough to hold controller or tablet in either one hanging.
d5e3574803b95b725e68801dc364c541.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I would be a bit concerned about covering up that sport mode button, it can be useful if you get into trouble.

My Samsung Tab A 7" works perfect without mods and many others are using it as well, it is low-cost tablet if you happen to be looking for a new one to use.

Reactions: jcpkkmw and Attex
Yeah that is tho down fall. lol I havent had to use it yet in an emergency. Thanks for the tip on the tab Ill check it out!

I did this mod and bought the Nvidia shield k1. Basically I ground off the limits of the arms. See where they hit and make more clearance.

I just ordered an Ipad mini2 off Amazon. I have heard nothing but great things about using an Ipad as your monitor. I have never used IOS so it will be all new to me. I am familiar with android. I cant wait to get it and try it out. The display is supposed to be epic with that retina display.

I just ordered an Ipad mini2 off Amazon. I have heard nothing but great things about using an Ipad as your monitor. I have never used IOS so it will be all new to me. I am familiar with android. I cant wait to get it and try it out. The display is supposed to be epic with that retina display.
Please note that the iPad Mini 2 are "hit & miss" for use with the Mavic, P4P & Inspire 2.

I never heard this or read about this. "Hit or miss". I have read nothing but good things here about using the Ipad mini with the Mavic.
If the iPad Mini 2 you've purchased is going to be solely dedicated to flying your Mavic, then you should be okay. Some folks have been using the iPad Mini 2 for flying, but have it "bloated" with a ton of apps that sometimes run in the background, thus using processing resources.

I hear about the app crashing mid flight but thought it could be the phone (tablet). I was just blaming the platform. BUT.... apps running in the background would cause a problem. Ok, maybe android may be alright. I refrained from using my galaxy tab for this reason.
I'll give it a try. Thanks for your input Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I hear about the app crashing mid flight but thought it could be the phone (tablet). I was just blaming the platform. BUT.... apps running in the background would cause a problem. Ok, maybe android may be alright. I refrained from using my galaxy tab for this reason.
I'll give it a try. Thanks for your input Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
If you're using an older device and it will be solely dedicated fro the Mavic, perform a factory reset on the device and only install the essential app(s) (i.e. DJI GO)

If you're using an older device and it will be solely dedicated fro the Mavic, perform a factory reset on the device and only install the essential app(s) (i.e. DJI GO)
Thanks Anthony. Yes, i bought this Ipad mini2 specifically for my controller and the DJI Go4 app

sent from my Galaxy Note4

I had an iPad mini 2, it worked for most apps. But not one I needed for work: Map Pilot. Lots of problems, but changing to a mini 4 and those problems went away

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas