DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller question

spiderpig

Reactions
So I'm still waiting for my Mavic and have read the manual plenty of times at this point. I picked up a P3S on a Black Friday sale and getting used to flying it with DJI GO and Litchi and getting used to DJI drone flying. Right now I've trained my hands to be on the mode switch (GPS, ATTI, F-GPS) at the right side in case I see the drone do something odd when on autonomous flight. I've had to take over several times to make sure the drone doesn't crash into something.

So my questions is on the Mavic, would the pause button have the same effect? So if it's flying in some automatic mode like tracking or orbit, will the pause button stop it and let me manually fly it like it's in GPS mode? The manual says the pause button will stop the drone and have it hover - but can I control it at that point?

Yes. It definitely stops. What is a good question is, what happens if it's doing an orbit, I pause it, manually move it a few meters and then 'unpause'. My guess is, once I took control manually the intelligent flight mode is cancelled. I'll definitely check it out the next time I take it for a spin (someone might be faster as the weather is poop).

No, that just tells the app/SDK to pause the mission, and you get no control.
The equivalent to your hardware switch is... the sport mode hardware switch.

So by going to to sports mode you stop the automated task and can control the aircraft, although you lose collision detection at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You just need to toggle the sport mode switch on and off. You don't need to continue to fly in sport mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom