DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller + Spark

PaoloOne

Reactions
Will the Mavic controller work with the Spark?
Maybe a dream that I have but it would be great!

Tahoe Ed confirmed it's not compatible here.

who has the courage to buy a drone with no controller anyway?
I got the Fly More Combo since I think I'll prefer to use the remote controller. I guess only time will tell.

I find it interesting that DJI completely changes their controllers and the way they communicate for almost every aircraft they come out with. I was kinda hoping the bare bones controller for the Spark would be compatible with Occusync so we could get a cheap second controller for Mavic. Oh well

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
That's frustrating to me as well. If they were compatible I'd entertain getting one. But I don't want to get a whole new set up to fly the drone

It IS compatible with Ocusync, its just not wanted to work across platforms.
Ordered a combo, lets see how it stacks up against my bekoved Bebop :)

Ender

Very nice device. Beautiful and at a right price. I was a little disappointed with video resolution and flight time.

Ender
Great device the Bebop 2, if only could have had a mechanical stabilization it could still withstand the Spark, unfortunately is becoming overtaken by time and Parrot seems not to have resources anymore. if the Spark had a Mavic compatible remote would have been sold to almost any Mavic owner as a perfect companion/backup. Instead happy Mavic owners will stay put and wait for the Mavic 2. Once DJI feels that the market it is almost saturated they will build a smarter ecosystem.

Reactions: scpd1092
Very nice device. Beautiful and at a right price. I was a little disappointed with video resolution and flight time.
The smaller a device gets the more inefficient it will be for Copters.
You can build larger ones that last an hour without a hassle.
So the 16 Minutes are fine !

Ender

Goggles use apparently needs USB connection, not wireless.

Someone reports having talked to DJI support and that support for the Mavic remote would be added later, but everybody knows what the reliability of support info is.

Reactions: Jurek and scpd1092
Well, I think that will make sense, after the first sales probably they will realize that lots of Mavic owners will buy it for 499$, but not for 699$, for that value I'd rather buy a backup Mavic or wait for the next version.

Ender
Love the Mavic, my Phantom 3 and my Bebop. The Bebop's video is incredible when you consider it's EIS and not a gimbal. I almost went for the Spark, but pulled out my old Bebop and did the firmware upgrade. Hard to beat a Bebop for $160.00 refurbished (rebuilt and tested), vs $500! Think I'll wait. I would have pulled the trigger if the Mavic remote would have worked. Too bad.

Last edited:
Yup you nailed it...No remote , not worth the cash..I was looking at the Bebop for back up for my MAVIC...I think waiting for the next DJI legend is best

You got it, Spark is a waste of money without the remote..Who wants WIFI ..too many issues with connectivity..if it only has a range of 100m , its truly a Selfie Drone without the controller..boring. ..Beepop looks interesting but but new its same price as the Spark but it has controller but no gimble....the best back up right now for the MAVIC is another MAVIC..lol

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji