DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller

regdawg

Reactions
Can the controller hold a phone with a case on? For example, a note 5 with an otterbox commuter case.

Also, I see that you can get the mavic without a controller. I guess you can use your phone to controll it? Does anyone fly their Mavic that way?

Can the controller hold a phone with a case on? For example, a note 5 with an otterbox commuter case.

Also, I see that you can get the mavic without a controller. I guess you can use your phone to controll it? Does anyone fly their Mavic that way?
It probably will not fit a case (6.5-8.5mm), I would not recommend flying without a controller, you would not get anywhere near the experience.
Regards,
-d

No, to fat/thick to slide in properly.

Your phone will definitely not slide into the remote controller arms with the case on. You should be able to clamp the arms against the side of the case to hold it in place though. That's what I do when I fly with my iPhone (which also has an Otterbox case on it).

Another option would be to remove the top and/or bottom rubber inserts from the remote controller arms. See more details about that easy mod here.

Last edited:
Another option would be to remove the top and/or bottom plastic inserts from the remote controller arms. See more details about that easy mod here.

Second day of getting my Mavic I did that mod, removing the upper grips so I no longer have to take the phone out of its case. Haven't had a single problem, and it saves a lot of time and effort - also less risk to my phone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11