DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic crash

droneguy91

Reactions
So I lent my Mavic to a friend of a friend and it came back undamaged but the blades were cracked. I can't get the flight record files off of his phone since he's not returning my texts, but I have the Mavic back in my hands now. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the flight data analyzed? There is nothing on the SD card.

Reactions: Radioflyers
FLY155.DAT shows an impact mid-flight between 207-212 seconds in the flight log.

Here's a graph showing the pitch and roll of the aircraft during that time:

PitchRoll.jpg

Here's where the Mavic was located during that time frame:

Location.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: YorkshirePaul
My brother bought a Phantom 3... never let me fly it. I just bought a Mavic... will never let him fly it. (We're both above 40 y.o. in case you were wondering). Friends can watch me fly it. That's about it

Reactions: Turnerm
Is there anyway to confirm this other than pitch/roll records just to have stronger evidence?
Yes. Ask your friend's friend. He can confirm what he crashed into.

Is there anyway to confirm this other than pitch/roll records just to have stronger evidence?

Broken blades, pitch roll records, picture of a tree...seems pretty conclusive to me. Make him own up to it.

There is also the motor data that shows lower motorSpeeds and higher motorCurrents. Also the gyro data shows it twisting around as it's caught in that tree.
upload_2017-5-26_8-45-17.png
upload_2017-5-26_8-45-26.png
upload_2017-5-26_8-45-36.png
upload_2017-5-26_8-45-50.png

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member