DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic crash

fsanchez

Reactions
I was landing in my backyard at very low speed but when i tried to put it down it started to move towards my house without me touching the remote and crashed between a wall and a chair. Two of the props were cracked but I replaced all four just in case. The mavic is working perfectly but I keep wondering if something happened internally, specifically in the area where the props are attached? I noticed the coils inside are not perfectly wrapped but I don't remember how they came. Also that section gets very hot after a flight but I guess that's normal. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

If vps is not on or not enough light for them to work the craft may float around a little. Fly during daylight see how steady it is. If in stick mode 2 always be ready with right thumb to move horizontally. If you post some logs plenty of people here might chime in and give you some info.

If your Mavic was drifting without any input from you, you might have been in atti mode with no satellite lock. If not, then you should do a controller calibration as well as an IMU calibration.

As far as the motors running hot, get yourself a $9.99 temp gun and see what temperature they are actually running at. Anything under 120° is fine but more than likely they will be around 100° on any day cooler than 90°.

Temp Meter Temperature Gun Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared IR Thermometer New | eBay

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11