DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Crash

On the overview page, it showed the max temp was 32 degrees, but if you click on that number the detail it shows 89 degrees. (I just had to double check)

Went back to the Healthy Drones report and sure enough it does list the Max Battery Temp as 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Thats the MAX battery temp not the minimum meaning that battery temp could have been less at the beginning of the flight.

upload_2016-10-27_17-12-3.png

Went back to the Healthy Drones report and sure enough it does list the Max Battery Temp as 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Thats the MAX battery temp not the minimum meaning that battery temp could have been less at the beginning of the flight.

View attachment 510
Click on the number (32 degrees), the detail shows something different. A bug for healthy drones perhaps?

looks like his battery temp was consistent throughout the flight at 89.6 F, so not a cause for concern

Is it possible you guys are talking about different units? 32C = 89.6F.

Watching the video it clearly looks like it is much warmer than freezing.

Edit: you guys are fast!

Is it possible you guys are talking about different units? 32C = 89.6F.

Watching the video it clearly looks like it is much warmer than freezing.

Edit: you guys are fast!
no, scroll up to post 102, its circled in red, 32 f

Reactions: BD0G

I've never seen DJI mention that topic. If it was a problem, we'd routinely see hundreds of DJI aircraft dropping out of the sky on the same day each time the K-index was high.

DJI-Ken posted this just yesterday:

"The KP index can effect GPS signals if it is too high. There are apps out there that will tell you the KP index.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-index"

Source: CRASH with DJI Mavic Pro today

[Further down the thread, there is this comment:]

"At lockheed, we spent hundreds of thousands in research into Kp value, and the affect it had on small uas. Guess what... we came to the conclusion it has little to null affect on uas gps. Its pretty much bull."

DJI-Ken posted this just yesterday
This will be a non-issue to me until DJI recommends watching the KV-index in the Mavic manual or a bunch of DJI aircraft fail on the same day when the KV-index is high. One DJI employee mentioning it in a forum really doesn't mean much without evidence that it has caused issues in the past.

Reactions: ___
Sorry for the late reply on things. No it was not 32 degrees out. I did see that on the main log display but ignored it since I knew it wasn't 32F out. I did click on the 32F link and it does show 89.6F. I'm still waiting to hear back from DJI. Initially they contacted me and asked me for the logs off my remote. They sent me a software tool and I sent the logs to them. The next day, I received a call from China from one of their engineers and they apologized and said they sent me a new version of their log extractor. He said he'll need me to extract the files from the remote again. I guess the newer version 1.5 provides more information in the data files. So I'm waiting now to hear back from them. I made a new video to show others how to get the log files should they need to send it to DJI. Kind of a tutorial.

Reactions: ___
LotusRacer, it would be helpful if you would upload the TXT flight log here (the file you uploaded to Healthy Drones).

Hello all,
Before all I do feel for everyone loosing a drone. It is very dissapointing to say the least. With the owner all due respect and all those with immense drone experience, this are my two cents.
I can understand many times our excitement can get us to overlook important steps. Due diligence is always a must.
Regardless what you fly, there is always a self training period required when one flies the first time and more important under new platforms. The Editors feedback is right on!!
First, read instruction fully. Some people assume because one think that flying a drone previously give you confidence. That is correct and is useful. Yet, one should treat any drone as its first even if you are flaying a replacement.
Second, Never assume or underestimate this device.
One should first get totally familiar previously to do complicated and electronically challenged fly paths. Go to a park a be conservative on your flight. Observe closely drone behavior and response.
Third, like In any critical activity, practice your 3Rs : React, Response, Regain control. Due your due diligence ALWAYS. Zero tolerance on missing any pre-flight steps. Try possible scenarios and practice how to control, and get yourself out of it. Panic can easely take over and delay our response. Practice as much as you can. By doing so under a control path and environmet, it will definetly make the difference when you out there, and the unexpected happens. Then you will be much more responsive, make quick assessment in what to do to bring back your drone safely. This is not a guaranty but isn't will be most helpful indeed.
Kind regards.

Reactions: Derf
Hello all,
Before all I do feel for everyone loosing a drone. It is very dissapointing to say the least. With the owner all due respect and all those with immense drone experience, this are my two cents.
I can understand many times our excitement can get us to overlook important steps. Due diligence is always a must.
Regardless what you fly, there is always a self training period required when one flies the first time and more important under new platforms. The Editors feedback is right on!!
First, read instruction fully. Some people assume because one think that flying a drone previously give you confidence. That is correct and is useful. Yet, one should treat any drone as its first even if you are flaying a replacement.
One should first get totally familiar previously to do complicated and electronically challenged fly paths. Go to a park a be conservative on your flight. Observe closely drone behavior and response.
Third, like In any critical activity, practice your 3Rs : React, Response, Regain control. Due your due diligence ALWAYS. Zero tolerance on missing any pre-flight steps. Try possible scenarios and practice how to control, and get yourself out of it. Panic can easely take over and delay our response. Practice as much as you can. By doing so under a control path and environmet, it will definetly make the difference when you out there, and the unexpected happens. Then you will be much more responsive, make quick assessment in what to do to bring back your drone safely. This is not a guaranty but isn't will be most helpful indeed.
Kind regards.

I wish I could have used the 3R's. I did React by trying to control it. The Response was that it did not want to take inputs from the sticks. Couldn't regain because I couldn't provide stick input, so I put it back to RTH. I did fly it the day before to test it. In fact that particular flight I didn't go very far. I was testing out the "Gesture" feature which worked well. 2nd I was trying out "Tap to fly" which worked but I didn't like that it changed altitude when it did that (going down).

Even if you know the drone well and have had ample experience, you can't prepare for technological glitches like this especially when you don't have stick control. At anytime sudden radio interference can come into play and throw a wrench in your experience. I've grounded my Mavic Pro until I get a response back from DJI's analysis team.

Hello all,
Kind regards.

i believe the people who are neglecting to learn a 1000 dollar drones insides and outs before they really start breaking it in are either not serious pilots for one or they just have so much money they can easily buy another...i fall under the category of i probably will NEVER have the money to buy another 1000 dollar drone without falling into financial issues...and even though i've only been flying for about a year my skills are pretty solid due to learning right off the bat on racers that reach 50 mph in right conditions...full manual control no gps or stabilization...i am the gps and the stabilizer...that said this will be my first one with those types of features and i've read all the manuals and as many videos as i can find and read everyone's input here...and once i get the mavic i will be reading the manuals it comes with all over again probably multiple times...my first flights will be eye level most likely and learning how it moves and how it reacts to situations...im not going to send a 1000 dollar drone 300 feet in the sky the day i get it so it can come crashing down because i didn't learn everything...there's always unexpected things that can happen but i just don't see the urgency to fly it 300 feet and a mile out the day u get it...u should break the thing in a little...look for problems and bugs...youtube what actual pilots do before they take flight..if ppl think all they do is board the plane and leave they're very wrong...and these drones should be treated the same way because if it comes crashing down from 300 feet due to pilots neglect to do a full look over and make sure everything is good to fly and it hits someone in the head or lands on a windshield or break someone's house window...it's that type of stuff that is causing people to want to restrict using drones more and more...everyone is excited about themavic but do your work...once u get it u have it now...u can hold it and look at it no more waiting...u waited that long...take time and wait to fly it until you understand it as much as you possibly can...sorry this was long

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute