DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC CRASHED IN TO SEA IN IT'S FIRST FLIGHT

berk

Reactions
Hi,

My drone has dived into water in its first flight. It suddenly got disconnected from the remote and made a free fall to the sea. There is no way to retrieve it.

Please find below all my flight records:

Drone Log - Google Drive

I bought the drone from Amazon USA and now located in Istanbul.

Anybody knows what to do?

thanks
berk

This is my third drone so I considered my self as an experienced pilot. However, it was a sudden disconnection and mavic dissappeared

Reactions: jointeffort
This is my third drone so I considered my self as an experienced pilot. However, it was a sudden disconnection and mavic dissappeared

The idea of flying in a safe area on a maiden flight isn't about personal experience level, but about unestablished equipment reliability and potential unknown hardware/software issues with an untested device. Over land, in an open field this might have only resulted in some broken propellers.

Hopefully someone can make sense of your log file so we can see what might have gone wrong.

Hi,

My drone has dived into water in its first flight. It suddenly got disconnected from the remote and made a free fall to the sea. There is no way to retrieve it.

Drone Log - Google Drive

thanks
berk
Contact amazon and tell them you had an issue with it. See whether they can refund you. Gecmis olsun.

Log file might allow us to know what happened. Pls post.

Amazon will probably tell you are out of luck unless you can return the drone to them, but might be worth a shot

Reactions: Explorer
Amazon will probably tell you are out of luck unless you can return the drone to them, but might be worth a shot

Its been tried before and it will not work. You must include all items in the box for a return or they will bill your credit card for a complete replacement.

I looked at the logs but the RC log contains very little info for a crash analysis. From what I can see everything was fine until you just lost the signal. I could speculate that the battery may not have been clipped down properly. I have no info on the motor speeds so I cannot say if a prop came loose or if you hit into a bird etc. but if that happened I would expect to have data from the flight as it started going down and probably all the way until it hit the water. Instead all I see is that your 31.4M up in the air and then everything stops recording. So my best guess is the battery came loose.

You asked for advice. If it was me and I was still in the location I would try to find the Mavic. The water should be fairly shallow at that location and you have the exact coordinates which seem to be less 200ft from shore. You could hire a fishing boat with two divers and see if they can locate it.

Rob

Hi,

Drone Log - Google Drive

thanks
berk

So let me get this straight. You purposely flew your Mavic on it's maiden voyage over the water? Interesting, this should probably go on the "what not to do on your first Mavic flight" list.

Sorry about the accident. It is probably worth hiring a boat, buying an inflatable raft, or taking a swim out in the lake to see if you can retrieve. If you have cached video of it going down into the water, DJI might accept that in lieu of the physical drone.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
I'm not sure why people are giving this guy a hard time over this? Everyone makes mistakes and if he's new to this then give him a break.

Are you sure your Mavic wasn't set to land upon disconnection?

There are 3 options you can choose from in settings.
#1 Hover
#2 Auto land
#3 RTH

Are you sure you wasn't set to auto land?

So let me get this straight. You purposely flew your Mavic on it's maiden voyage over the water? Interesting, this should probably go on the "what not to do on your first Mavic flight" list.

That's harsh... on berk... rather loose it to the sea or lake.. then plummet into a crowded place with people
I maidened my Mavic over the sea.. but as I live on the coast and have flown nearly all my quads out to sea, It just seems natural to me...
How many people have crashed into trees or buildings.. loads... crashing into the sea or water.. a lot less.. 3 months on and still flying out to sea.. no problem

I dont know why anyone is giving you a hard time.

I see at least THREE of these posts saying the exact same thing each week. Sudden disconnection. Last week one of them found the drone with it's battery on the ground pretty far away from it... seems like there's a pattern of a problem here.

Reactions: ronzomass and mig25
Did you own a Chroma 4k and post on RC forums in the past? Just wondering..

You have to build trust in the machine. Get to know each other... lol

This can happen on the first or the 150th flight.

That's harsh... on berk... rather loose it to the sea or lake.. then plummet into a crowded place with people
I maidened my Mavic over the sea.. but as I live on the coast and have flown nearly all my quads out to sea, It just seems natural to me...
How many people have crashed into trees or buildings.. loads... crashing into the sea or water.. a lot less.. 3 months on and still flying out to sea.. no problem

When you flew low to the water did you have obstacles avoidance turned off?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada