DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

You have seen reports of "thundersnow" right? I dont expect to be flying my mavic for a few weeks yet! I'll stick to my RC cars for the fun for now

Just flew it in the hallway - works a treat. Camera seems to be in focus, gimbal is fine from what I can tell.

Top tip and a small scare for me - don't leave it sat on the sofa doing a firmware upgrade! It got more than a little hot and stopped responding after the reboot - had to wait for it to cool down. Looks like the air gets pushed out of the bottom - whoops... All fine now though.

Hadn't seen the thundersnow reports. That sounds like it could be fun over the next few days

Reactions: DirkGently
Well it's still showing as delivery tomorrow, so must be coming via plane (or rocket).

Not getting too excited after the build up last time.

Well okay, can't wait!

It's current location sounds like some sort of preflight check joke amongst pilots :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170111-114140.png
    Screenshot_20170111-114140.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Balders and YoshiK1
Well it's still showing as delivery tomorrow, so must be coming via plane (or rocket).

Not getting too excited after the build up last time.

Well okay, can't wait!

It's current location sounds like some sort of preflight check joke amongst pilots :)

If UPS say its being delivered tomorrow then there's a strong possibility it will be. I notice its UPS Express rather than the usual UPS Standard.

UPS Standard is fairly quick - but UPS Express has two rockets and a go faster stripe....

And less than 40 mins later email to confirm prepared for shipment!
[emoji106]Digitalrev!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

And now got UPS tracking details expected arrival by End of day Friday!

Currently pretty windy down here in South Wales too, but hopefully will quieten down for some flying at the weekend! [emoji2]

Just flew it in the hallway - works a treat. Camera seems to be in focus, gimbal is fine from what I can tell.

Top tip and a small scare for me - don't leave it sat on the sofa doing a firmware upgrade! It got more than a little hot and stopped responding after the reboot - had to wait for it to cool down. Looks like the air gets pushed out of the bottom - whoops... All fine now though.

Hadn't seen the thundersnow reports. That sounds like it could be fun over the next few days

Yup, comes through the front behind the gimbal when flying and likely out the bottom as you described so sitting it on a couch will do it haha.

Reactions: Balders
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already however last week DJI sent out an email to folk advising that any orders placed from that date on will be shipped before the 18th Jan. This is after them ramping up their production. I'm not sure if this includes orders from stores that are not the DJI store and I'm certain that doesn't include the Mavic Pro bundle as the the estimated delivery times on their website is 4-6 weeks but for the Mavic alone it's 7-10 days.

I've ordered mine from Wex Photographic on the 29th December and the Mavic is still on BackOrder. This was just the Mavic with a spare battery and the hub charger. I never ordered the bundle. If anyone else has ordered from Wex I'll keep the thread up to date with my order status.

EDIT: The original delivery expectation from Wex was the end of January however after speaking with them the other day they've advised the middle of January which would sory of come in line with them being despatched before the 18th. Of course it's been said by willhay555 that the email about dates is only for DJI direct.

If you could keep me updated I would appreciate it, I ordered the fly more combo from Wex on the 1st of November and still haven't received it or any estimated delivery date. Twice I've phoned them which both was very recently and both times I've never received any estimated delivery date, in fact the responses I had was rather blunt that im in a queue and when it's my turn we will email you.

If you have any updates It would be great thanks

Last edited:
New member here,but thanks to a heads up from Pedro (thanks) yesterday had the fly more combo delivered this morning can't believe how lucky I am only been serious about getting one since early December.Its staying in its box till the weekend,dark when I get home and it's blowing a gale outside.

Reactions: Pedro
Anyone ordered from Drones Direct and received anything yet?

I ordered their "Ultimate Bundle" - basically a Fly More, but with a third battery - back on 19th October and they're currently estimating March delivery!!

The cost was only £1247, so it represents a substantial saving over current prices, but kinda running out of patience, since it's now almost 3 months since I gave them my money!
ordered mine on 30th from DD and nothing! estimated delivery is now 3rd Feb. tempted to bin them off and buy direct but just realised they have already taken the money!
Will wait till 3rd and if I still don't have it I'll go through the b&%l ache of getting a refund and buy direct at the extra money!

ordered mine on 30th October from DD and nothing! estimated delivery is now 3rd Feb. tempted to bin them off and buy direct but just realised they have already taken the money!
Will wait till 3rd and if I still don't have it I'll go through the b&%l ache of getting a refund and buy direct at the extra money!

If you could keep me updated I would appreciate it, I ordered the fly more combo from Wex on the 1st of November and still haven't received it or any estimated delivery date. Twice I've phoned them which both was very recently and both times I've never received any estimated delivery date, in fact the responses I had was rather blunt that im in a queue and when it's my turn we will email you.

If you have any updates It would be great thanks

Well I spoke to them last week on chat and they advised end of the month. I then tried my luck again a couple days later when that email from DJI came out and was told middle of this month.

I thought I'd try again earlier tonight one two occasions, once kidding on I was going to buy today and the other with my order number. I was told on both occasions the end of the month.

I don't know what to believe but I'm hoping it's next week at the latest. I'll let you know.

New member here,but thanks to a heads up from Pedro (thanks) yesterday had the fly more combo delivered this morning can't believe how lucky I am only been serious about getting one since early December.Its staying in its box till the weekend,dark when I get home and it's blowing a gale outside.

Set it up and do any updates at least ;) will save you time.

Reactions: Chippy
Well I spoke to them last week on chat and they advised end of the month. I then tried my luck again a couple days later when that email from DJI came out and was told middle of this month.

I thought I'd try again earlier tonight one two occasions, once kidding on I was going to buy today and the other with my order number. I was told on both occasions the end of the month.

I don't know what to believe but I'm hoping it's next week at the latest. I'll let you know.

I've purchased from Wex also and been also told middle of this month, would go elsewhere but I have bought at original price for the Fly more bundle so don't want to pay the extra price increase.

Reactions: YoshiK1
Anyone ordered from Drones Direct and received anything yet?

I ordered their "Ultimate Bundle" - basically a Fly More, but with a third battery - back on 19th October and they're currently estimating March delivery!!

The cost was only £1247, so it represents a substantial saving over current prices, but kinda running out of patience, since it's now almost 3 months since I gave them my money!
But the fly more is three batteries.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Just received an email from TTUK the claim "no Authorised Suppliers within the UK yet have these items. They have not yet been released, aside from a few from DJI directly. This matter is as infuriating to ourselves and you are of course entitled to cancel in hope of obtaining elsewhere, but once stock is released in the UK we will market at the new inflated RRP and Fly More Bundle will no longer be available"

Does that mean Maplin aren't Authorised supplier ?

Just received an email from TTUK the claim "no Authorised Suppliers within the UK yet have these items. They have not yet been released, aside from a few from DJI directly. This matter is as infuriating to ourselves and you are of course entitled to cancel in hope of obtaining elsewhere, but once stock is released in the UK we will market at the new inflated RRP and Fly More Bundle will no longer be available"

Does that mean Maplin aren't Authorised supplier ?

Have what items specifically?

Okay, so I got my Mavic and am delighted with it (even though I haven't had a chance to get it outdoors yet!), and I want to see what you all would suggest regarding insurance...?

Would it be covered in a decent home insurance policy under items away from the home?

Should I also take out a membership to a 'club' to cover me for third party liability?

Any advice would be appreciated!

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus