DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Loads is relevant to the original post saying zero . I have no idea what I mean by loads but I would like to think in the hundreds not thousands . But I was just telling some one that thought there was not one single drone sold in uk by a dji approved supplier

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Pedro I was in the shop when the delivery arrived last Wednesday , and the dji rep for UK was still there .
This isn't information from a sales person I was there. Now wed last week I took the last one and they were expecting annother 6 , maybe they only got 4 I don't know but I know ow there was one man waiting for two for his business.
I actually mentioned you to the shop and said that you had been selling a couple and did they know you .
The dji rep was very frustrated at the maplins situation , and I don't want to get lynched but he said he would be talking to dji China about the maplin situation , and since then it seams like maplins are struggling now as well
I was guaranteed a maplins order but all promised stock hasn't arrived

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

With DJI now saying 5-7 days I think I'd be buying from DJI if I wanted one quickly.

I suspect dealers will now slowly get Mavic's in stock.

Even eBay sales are much lower - the huge profits to be made by the lucky few who ended up with multiple drones are almost at an end.

Now thats progress! :)

Mine must be on the same plane
ed1ec96866461f015a668d9d2fc9c7ec.jpg
[emoji574]️ [emoji2]

Ordered 11th Jan, on track to be delivered 13th Jan.

I know it is all about who has stock, but when it is cheaper than everywhere else and from a vendor with exceptionally high rated customer reviews, "Grey" or not it seems a no brainier.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Mine must be on the same plane
ed1ec96866461f015a668d9d2fc9c7ec.jpg
[emoji574]️ [emoji2]

Ordered 11th Jan, on track to be delivered 13th Jan.

I know it is all about who has stock, but when it is cheaper than everywhere else and from a vendor with exceptionally high rated customer reviews, "Grey" or not it seems a no brainier.

Do these work in the UK? Seems a stupid question but is there any reduced functionality or are all the maps in Hong Kong etc? lol.

Cancelled my order with Maplin as their advice this morning was expecting stock on Jan 30th.

Went with digtalrev and got it at £999. Worth it!

Reactions: gasa
Do these work in the UK? Seems a stupid question but is there any reduced functionality or are all the maps in Hong Kong etc? lol.

Yes they are exactly the same hardware and software.

Imagine if someone from Hong Kong brought their Mavic to the UK with them and found they couldn't fly it [emoji15]

The only possible difference would be the power lead which may have an adapter for a U.K. Socket.

Digital Rev have a dedicated U.K. Shop.

The only thing to watch out for on some products is where a manufacturer offers cash back after purchase they usually exclude grey imports. E.g. When Canon UK offer £100 cash back on a DSLR you won't get it if you present a grey import receipt. But in my experience you've saved more than they pay in cash back in the first place!

If I could be confident in getting it from a U.K. Supplier at the £999 of my original Apple order back in November I would have. But I see little to no risk with going with Digital Rev when no one here seems to be able to deliver.

I will be putting DJI care refresh on it once it arrives, as I would have even if it was UK supplied.

Reactions: YoshiK1

My understanding is that they are the same - any reduced functionality would be triggered by the Mavic using gps to find out its location and following EU restrictions. Maps will be pulled down from internet via your phone - they aren't built into the Mavic. I would expect a foreign plug but any adapter would solve that.

I've bought grey import cameras and lenses in the past and the only real difference is the price!!

Reactions: YoshiK1
My understanding is that they are the same - any reduced functionality would be triggered by the Mavic using gps to find out its location and following EU restrictions. Maps will be pulled down from internet via your phone - they aren't built into the Mavic. I would expect a foreign plug but any adapter would solve that.

I've bought grey import cameras and lenses in the past and the only real difference is the price!!

Yeah I've done the same before also. I've went for DigitalRev and cancelling my order from Wex. Fingers crossed it comes through soon.

Yes they are exactly the same hardware and software.

Imagine if someone from Hong Kong brought their Mavic to the UK with them and found they couldn't fly it [emoji15]

The only possible difference would be the power lead which may have an adapter for a U.K. Socket.

Digital Rev have a dedicated U.K. Shop.

The only thing to watch out for on some products is where a manufacturer offers cash back after purchase they usually exclude grey imports. E.g. When Canon UK offer £100 cash back on a DSLR you won't get it if you present a grey import receipt. But in my experience you've saved more than they pay in cash back in the first place!

If I could be confident in getting it from a U.K. Supplier at the £999 of my original Apple order back in November I would have. But I see little to no risk with going with Digital Rev when no one here seems to be able to deliver.

I will be putting DJI care refresh on it once it arrives, as I would have even if it was UK supplied.

Were you given a delivery date of a couple of weeks initially and then they've got it despatched within a couple days?

Were you given a delivery date of a couple of weeks initially and then they've got it despatched within a couple days?

Estimated delivery date on my order placed with digital rev on 11th Jan was 14 - 17 Jan and it's still on track for delivery tomorrow [emoji2]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian