DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Any news from the VERY orders ? I know they said it would be delivered by the middle of January, just wondered if any early orders with them have appeared. I was late to the party on the 5th November, so would be well down any list.

Nothing from Very from me yet but I was late Oct ordering from them.

I'm torn as I have a Jessop's preorder which looks like it may be on its way soonish judging by others on here but the Very discount makes more financial sense! I'll have to see how I feel when/if I get a call from Jessop's!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Nothing from Very from me yet but I was late Oct ordering from them.

I'm torn as I have a Jessop's preorder which looks like it may be on its way soonish judging by others on here but the Very discount makes more financial sense! I'll have to see how I feel when/if I get a call from Jessop's!!

take the jessops delivery if they come up with one.. a mavic in the hand is worth several mavics in the bush..

people need to start taking these future dates for what they really are.. meaningless figures pulled out of thin air because they feel obliged to come up with something..

trog

take the jessops delivery if they come up with one.. a mavic in the hand is worth several mavics in the bush..

people need to start taking these future dates for what they really are.. meaningless figures pulled out of thin air because they feel obliged to come up with something..

trog

I totally agree with Trog - don't cancel the Jessops order - they are one of the few companies actually sending out reasonable numbers of Mavics.

I wish I'd ordered with them - but if you don't want the Mavic from Jessops you could sell it on eBay and a profit. Not as much as previously - I notice due to the larger number of Mavics on eBay that the prices are coming down.

hi all, just another UK delivery point. I ordered direct from DJI 1st October and my Mavic Fly More bundle is with DPD on it's way, with an expected date of Monday.

Reactions: DirkGently
a mavic in the hand is worth several mavics in the bush

Good advice! The fact I still have the Jessop's order is sign that I don't have much faith in Very coming through any time soon!

My current thinking is that getting both for £1800 (£999 Jessop's, £799 Very) will allow me to sell one at current U.K. price and still do well out of it. Just got to get them now!!

Tech Trial have been saying early December since I placed my order for the fly more package sadly their latest email made no such commitment but went out of the way to offer/suggest other drones which they considered comparable and were in stock now. They must think my head zips up the back [emoji45]

You should have purchased from very.co.uk and took advantage of that BNPL for 12 months. That way you could have kept your P4 but still order your Mavic.

I did order from Very in the end with £200 off (Now £300 cheaper!!) hence why I havent cancelled lol. But I did order from apple initially on the 28th September which was a joke. they didnt have a clue what the mavic was let alone when they were getting it, hence the sale of my P4. In any case I am glad I sold the P4 when I did as I got top dollar for it pre P4P announcement lol, got what a paid for it minus a spare battery and cheap carry bag i threw in the deal :)Thumbswayup

I presume no one has heard of Very receiving or shipping Mavics yet??

Mine will be here in the next 45 mins ..... i cant believe its been over two months ....

i have said this elsewhere and i know its not what folks want to hear but i seriously believe people with orders much after 4th October are not going to get their mavics..

we are 8 weeks in here and up to October 3rd for reported deliveries.. short of a miracle the back order situation can only get worse.. worse to the point where DJI are going to have to fess up and pull the product they cannot deliver from the market..

people who have no money up front orders with the likes of jessops have nothing to lose by letting them run on.. all i am saying is dont place too much faith in actually getting a mavic..

people who have paid up front should seriously consider demanding their money back.. there may be time limits on doing this i am not sure how it works out..

trog

ps.. do not be fooled into thinking that after an 8 week delay production has finally caught up with demand.. for reasons as yet unknown production is still well short of what it needs to be to keep up.. the backlog of unfulfilled orders can only get bigger..

Last edited:
i have said this elsewhere and i know its not what folks want to hear but i seriously believe people with orders much after 4th October are not going to get their mavics..

trog

Why? What is it that constantly makes you say this?

If DJI was to never fulfil orders beyond 4th Oct they stand to lose a fortune. Ok if the Mavic had been a GoPro Karma type disaster with a total re-call then I would agree with you.

But despite a few issues and niggles the Mavic is generally a very good drone.

DJI messed up by announcing it way too soon and being caught unawares by the huge demand. So agreed they are massively behind schedule.

But I believe in time all orders will be fulfilled. It'll be a long wait for people but eventually they will get there.

In my country (Portugal) apple says now, 3 to 4 months to deliver the mavic.

I supose that will be the mavic 2 LOL
upload_2016-12-5_12-47-27.png

we are 8 weeks in here and up to October 3rd for reported deliveries.. short of a miracle the back order situation can only get worse.. worse to the point where DJI are going to have to fess up and pull the product they cannot deliver from the market..

people who have no money up front orders with the likes of jessops have nothing to lose by letting them run on.. all i am saying is dont place too much faith in actually getting a mavic..

people who have paid up front should seriously consider demanding their money back.. there may be time limits on doing this i am not sure how it works out..

trog

ps.. do not be fooled into thinking that after an 8 week delay production has finally caught up with demand.. for reasons as yet unknown production is still well short of what it needs to be to keep up.. the backlog of unfulfilled orders can only get bigger..

you already said you cancelled your mavic.. why are you still here?

because i am still interested in how the situation pans out.. and think something other than blind optimist might be helpful at least to some..

the bringer of bad news is never liked.. but i can handle and live with that.. he he

plus of course i have not as yet received my money back.. something others may be interested in if i am correct in my assessment of the situation.. :)

trog

A suggestion for an avatar for trog:

broken_record1.jpg

Still nothing on my Very order either. I have two options:

1) Wait it out. I'm not likely to get a deal as good as that elsewhere, and value for money does matter to me (I'm a cheapskate)
2) I'm going to the US for Christmas so if I hear nothing from Very soon I will see if there's any chance of getting one there (seems a better bet than the UK). Should make it similar pricewise to the Very deal.

Last edited:
the bringer of bad news is never liked.. but i can handle and live with that.. he he

But you're not, you're just guessing.. Why on earth would any company cease production of something that is massively in demand? It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever..

Are you perhaps clinically depressed by this miserable (for some) saga? :)

But you're not, you're just guessing.. Why on earth would any company cease production of something that is massively in demand? It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever..

Are you perhaps clinically depressed by this miserable (for some) saga? :)

he he he.. they would not unless they have major problems.. having followed the mavic saga i have reached the conclusion that major production/shipping problems which as yet DJI have not been able to fix is at the heart of the failure to properly deliver the mavic..

gopro hit problems and pulled the karma.. DJI on the other hand hit problems and have kept going in the hope that the problems whatever they are will get fixed.. so far i see no signs of this happening..

in the end they will do what they should have done long ago.. pull the product.. they will have no other choice..

trog

Nah, Karma pulled because it had flight/power issues, no such issues exist with the Mavic, they just can't make enough of the blighters to satisfy demand.. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake