DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Not trying to stir you up, but that's diabolical. That's not even enough to cover the difference between what you'd pay now for a fly less (£1099) and the price you paid for the flymore at the time of ordering! So they've sent you the wrong item and now they're basically trying to charge you more than the retail price for it!
In any case, assuming they have offered a refund at the old flymore price, they should then be baseing their offer on the old price of the flyless as well! They can't have it both ways.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Placed my order for the standard Mavic Pro drone + RC on 5th November with Drones Direct in the UK, after too many weeks of 'shall I / shan't I'

No sign yet, but the message on their phone system informs me that they expect orders placed prior to Nov 7th will be the first to be delivered and will be in 2016.

Anyone else given Drones Direct their hard earned cash??!

Don't think my mavic is going to arrive by January. Haven't heard nothing from Very.

Is a Phantom 2 with a GoPro hero 4 a good temporary fix? Really want a drone to take to Iceland!

Don't think my mavic is going to arrive by January. Haven't heard nothing from Very.

Is a Phantom 2 with a GoPro hero 4 a good temporary fix? Really want a drone to take to Iceland!
If you've never flown a drone before, I reckon you'd be disappointed if you took something that didn't have a camera downlink to the controller (which I believe would be the case with a GoPro). I can't imagine how difficult framing a shot would be without it.

Maybe look into a Phantom 3 Standard? I saw them going for the £350 range during the Black Friday period, so you may be able to pick up a second hand one for less.

Placed my order for the standard Mavic Pro drone + RC on 5th November with Drones Direct in the UK, after too many weeks of 'shall I / shan't I'

No sign yet, but the message on their phone system informs me that they expect orders placed prior to Nov 7th will be the first to be delivered and will be in 2016.

Nearly.....had an order in with jessops and had a chat with someone at drones direct who gave me the spiel , preferred dji partner , we ll get them before anyone else , usual patter....didn't know the situation at the time and by the looks of it nor did they .....if I was the type I d find it entertaining to ring the salesman back and repeat his words back to him but I guess its ultimately Djis fault.

Thanks Fido...The only reason I chose Drones Direct was that I was able to get cashback of 5% through Quidco off the £999 top line price :)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

If you've never flown a drone before, I reckon you'd be disappointed if you took something that didn't have a camera downlink to the controller (which I believe would be the case with a GoPro). I can't imagine how difficult framing a shot would be without it.

Maybe look into a Phantom 3 Standard? I saw them going for the £350 range during the Black Friday period, so you may be able to pick up a second hand one for less.

I have A P2 with Hero 4 no problem with FPV it's a good starter Drone and very stable with the Zenmuse gimbal

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Ordered mine and paid on 21st October. Went for their 'Ultimate Bundle'. Expected delivery date has been stated as Dec 16 for the last month but not holding my breath.

received mine this morning from amazon uk ordered the fly more combo and received just the drone :( only option amazon will give is to return for a full refund. back of the queue here i come!

Sounds similar to my order. Purchased the Fly More package from Amazon and yesterday I received a package - inside just the carry bag! No sign of the drone or additional batteries etc. As I had to sign for the package the order in my Amazon account says complete. Ive been charged the full amount and not sure what to do!!

Sounds similar to my order. Purchased the Fly More package from Amazon and yesterday I received a package - inside just the carry bag! No sign of the drone or additional batteries etc. As I had to sign for the package the order in my Amazon account says complete. Ive been charged the full amount and not sure what to do!!

so between the 3 of us we know amazon have had 1 set in stock lol

That's preposterous. Did any of your packages look like they'd been tampered with? Regardless, I'd point them to this thread and ask quite firmly for the order to be reopened and have your place in line reestablished.

Hard to understand...

I believe those are 3th party sellers of Amazon, right?
Or Amazon SARL ?
Unbelievable!

Last edited:
Nothing had been tampered with and the box was wrapped properly with security tape. Only problem was there were no other boxes to go with it! The fact that I'm 1200 out of pocket hurts the most!

its from and fulfilled by amazon currently waiting for a manger to call me back

Assuming you paid by credit card, in the U.K.

You are protected by Section 74 of the consumer credit act, making your credit card jointly liable with Amazon to resolve this. Call your credit card company and suggest if it isn't resolved you will persue them under the act. I think that you will then find them much more receptive to refunding the difference. You are also protected by the distance selling regulations!

Thanks for the tip, I might end up doing that. Really want the drone though!!! [emoji22] not sure if it's a DJI problem, an Amazon problem or a Royal Mail problem. Very difficult to get answers over the phone

Thanks for the tip, I might end up doing that. Really want the drone though!!! [emoji22] not sure if it's a DJI problem, an Amazon problem or a Royal Mail problem. Very difficult to get answers over the phone

Just use it as a lever, keep the drone, get them to refund you the difference and buy just the bits you need. An 8 week wait for something you had in your hands will be painful!

After the disappointment of discovering Heliguy had exactly zero units delivered last week [emoji24] I have decided to give it until 23rd Dec and if nothing shows up I'll delay my first drone purchase until the next new thing arrives in the market in 2017 [emoji389]

Reactions: Bibs
Just spoke to Very for an update. One of their advisers told me 'I have just verified on my side that the item can only available to deliver anytime after 10.01.2016'

I'd imagine this is the date DJI have given them, wonder how accurate it is this time...

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143