DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Destroyed - How can I get my log analyzed?

Just a follow up from my last reply. I also destroyed my Mavic, taking with a buddy instead paying attention.....ran into a building at 22mph then fell 125ft and you know the rest of the story. Contacted DJI and they encourage me to send in for repair. A few weeks later a brand new mavic arrived. $79 was the cost which included shipping.

I purchased a Mavic in November. Even after the short time it had been flying bad reports of flyaways and crashing were being reported. So much so that i was apprehensive to fly it. Two weeks ago I sold it and purchased a P4P plus in the hope of a better experience. I have had the p4p plus 3 weeks and flown it once because of the problem with the maps. I have phoned and emailed dji and there response and suggestion of resolving the problem has been nothing less than useless and a waste of time and money. Dji are a waste of space. Once sold they dont care about their customers and their support is not worth a cup of cold p**s. All I hope is that they are not involved in the man flight drones, for god help any one who uses it. Been trying all over the weekend to get into assistant two. Guess what, the page is not available. I am going to look for an alternative to DJi spending money on the crap they have been rolling out in the last year has encouraged them to only care about money.

Please watch this tutorial video to learn how to sync the flight records:

Once the sync is completed, please provide the following information so we can submit your report to data analysis:

1. Model of your aircraft:

2. Application you used on your mobile device to operate the drone:

2. Email address associated with your DJI account used for your last flight:

3. Date and time of the incident:

4. Serial Number of your remote controller:

5. Description of your operation when it flew away:

Thank you so much for posting this helpful guide! This is quite the thread.

I purchased a Mavic in November. Even after the short time it had been flying bad reports of flyaways and crashing were being reported. So much so that i was apprehensive to fly it. Two weeks ago I sold it and purchased a P4P plus in the hope of a better experience. I have had the p4p plus 3 weeks and flown it once because of the problem with the maps. I have phoned and emailed dji and there response and suggestion of resolving the problem has been nothing less than useless and a waste of time and money. Dji are a waste of space. Once sold they dont care about their customers and their support is not worth a cup of cold p**s. All I hope is that they are not involved in the man flight drones, for god help any one who uses it. Been trying all over the weekend to get into assistant two. Guess what, the page is not available. I am going to look for an alternative to DJi spending money on the crap they have been rolling out in the last year has encouraged them to only care about money.
You might find help at phantompilots.com
Let me know if you find a better quad with camera, for what you spent on the P4P+.

There really is no one else in the game. No serious competition anyway. It's unfortunate that they have such spotty service.

I had what seems like a very similar crash. I have downloaded the flight log, would you have a look for me. Where do I upload my file?

So sorry to hear of your crash. If you have the .txt log from your phone, you may upload it with the tool at Phantom Help: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
The result of that will be a URL (web address) in your browser that you may copy/paste here. However, that is if limited use compared to the .DAT file from the device, which may be pulled from its SD card (it is a hidden file in a directory), or you may access it via DJI Assistant 2, which is available for download from the DJI web site. This file tends to be large, and is not readable except by special tools. Someone on here has such tools. Please post this .DAT to DropBox and link the DropBox URL here for analysis.

Thanks for your reply, We were stopped on the Trans Canada highway waiting for the avalanche closer to reopen, I had two successful flights looking at the line of cars, in front and behind us. This was basically my first real flight. I landed it to change battery's and took off again. I was only 20m high and 20 m away and could see the craft. I alined the craft with the direction of the highway and attempted to fly straight. the Mavic went dead left into tall trees and crashed. No avoidance, the only input on the controller was forward I think. Unfortunately it flew into the trees down a steep bank in 20 feet of wet powder snow. I did get to the location but could not find it after 2 hours of painful looking. It could be 100 feet up a tree, So sad and disappointed. I just really want to know if it was my error so I can put it behind me.
Thanks for your time, Txt file is attached.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-02-16_[13-15-33].txt
    84.4 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for your reply, We were stopped on the Trans Canada highway waiting for the avalanche closer to reopen, I had two successful flights looking at the line of cars, in front and behind us. This was basically my first real flight. I landed it to change battery's and took off again. I was only 20m high and 20 m away and could see the craft. I alined the craft with the direction of the highway and attempted to fly straight. the Mavic went dead left into tall trees and crashed. No avoidance, the only input on the controller was forward I think. Unfortunately it flew into the trees down a steep bank in 20 feet of wet powder snow. I did get to the location but could not find it after 2 hours of painful looking. It could be 100 feet up a tree, So sad and disappointed. I just really want to know if it was my error so I can put it behind me.
Thanks for your time, Txt file is attached.

Here is the result from Phantom Help Log Upload:
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It looks like there was strong wireless interference in the area, possibly a cell phone tower. Did you happen to see a tower nearby? Lots of drones are lost due to cell tower interference.

Here is the result from Phantom Help Log Upload:
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It looks like there was strong wireless interference in the area, possibly a cell phone tower. Did you happen to see a tower nearby? Lots of drones are lost due to cell tower interference.

There is, in fact, a cell tower right there, about 200m from where you were parked. This tower supposedly broadcasts on 850MHz, but maybe it interfered with your unit itself, as opposed to the control frequency.

Here is from the Canadian Cellular Towers Site:

upload_2017-3-6_1-33-57.png

Here is where your crash occurred:

upload_2017-3-6_1-36-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-6_1-35-39.png
    upload_2017-3-6_1-35-39.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 39
This is what I just got from DJI, does it seem correct?

1. The aircraft was piloted under P-GPS mode, and responded to the pilot’s control well;
2. T=00-30, h=13m, d=59.1m, pilot pushed pitch 100% forward, rudder 100% rightward, aircraft flew to the left side and into a forest;
3. T=00-57, h=-35m, d=94.9m, aircraft worked in ATTI mode due to weak GPS signal, flight record ended;
4. Aircraft would not hover, skid or avoid obstacles in ATTI mode

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction factors. As such, we could not provide warranty service.

This is what I just got from DJI, does it seem correct?

1. The aircraft was piloted under P-GPS mode, and responded to the pilot’s control well;
2. T=00-30, h=13m, d=59.1m, pilot pushed pitch 100% forward, rudder 100% rightward, aircraft flew to the left side and into a forest;
3. T=00-57, h=-35m, d=94.9m, aircraft worked in ATTI mode due to weak GPS signal, flight record ended;
4. Aircraft would not hover, skid or avoid obstacles in ATTI mode

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction factors. As such, we could not provide warranty service.
DJI is usually more accommodative than this. The root cause of the incident was the infamous gpsHealth-drops-from-5-to-1 problem. Although the Mavic was in ATTI mode and could have been piloted back DJI usually will accept an incident like this as a warranty repair. I don't speak for DJI and I'm not making a judgement here; I'm just reporting my observations. DJI is a large company and you don't always get the right support person on first contact. I suggest you try a different channel; i.e. email instead of chat, or vice versa.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929