DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic down

Stevietv

Reactions
I was flying my mavic over wheat fields today was headed back to the home point I was 1200ft from home with clear line of sight the , mavic was in sports mode height 32ft when all of a sudden lost connection, no video, or Rc connection, this has never happen to me before ,a few times I have lost video but can still see map and drone would return to home , but on this occasion. I had no connection at all. Trying not to panic ,hit return to home and waited and waited 10 -15 mins , I could see last position on map but did not want to leave home position in Incase he came back , eventually I decided to try to find the mavic from the last position on map, bearing in mind this was in the middle of a Wheat Field I was really starting to panic at this stage I tried to be starting the app to try to get a connection I was on my mountain bike so abandon the bike in the field and made my way through the field for the last known position. But it was not there it seemed like an impossible task in this huge Field where you could only see a couple of feet of ground that time I was convinced I would never see the mavic again .
I then decided to restart the controller it said it was connecting although I had no video feed still
A new position come up and look on the map, I walked about hunndred foot to this new position and exactly on the spot marked on the map was one Mavic I just couldn't believe it .
It had clearly had a hard landing one of the front lights was damaged bent to props on one side had clearly hit the ground and needed replacement , The gimbal is now damaged and will not calibrate I'll get the message remove gimble clamp, drone flys ok , i've looked at the flight record and as far as I can tell there was no reason why it should of come down or if it lost signal not returned to home I don't know if anyone can you advise me if I can get more out of the flight data , it was a shame I was not Recording I would've liked to have seen the video .
Now going to have to send it back for repair but I'm just worried why it came down .

I was flying my mavic over wheat fields today was headed back to the home point I was 1200ft from home with clear line of sight the , mavic was in sports mode height 32ft when all of a sudden lost connection, no video, or Rc connection, this has never happen to me before ,a few times I have lost video but can still see map and drone would return to home , but on this occasion. I had no connection at all. Trying not to panic ,hit return to home and waited and waited 10 -15 mins , I could see last position on map but did not want to leave home position in Incase he came back , eventually I decided to try to find the mavic from the last position on map, bearing in mind this was in the middle of a Wheat Field I was really starting to panic at this stage I tried to be starting the app to try to get a connection I was on my mountain bike so abandon the bike in the field and made my way through the field for the last known position. But it was not there it seemed like an impossible task in this huge Field where you could only see a couple of feet of ground that time I was convinced I would never see the mavic again .
I then decided to restart the controller it said it was connecting although I had no video feed still
A new position come up and look on the map, I walked about hunndred foot to this new position and exactly on the spot marked on the map was one Mavic I just couldn't believe it .
It had clearly had a hard landing one of the front lights was damaged bent to props on one side had clearly hit the ground and needed replacement , The gimbal is now damaged and will not calibrate I'll get the message remove gimble clamp, drone flys ok , i've looked at the flight record and as far as I can tell there was no reason why it should of come down or if it lost signal not returned to home I don't know if anyone can you advise me if I can get more out of the flight data , it was a shame I was not Recording I would've liked to have seen the video .
Now going to have to send it back for repair but I'm just worried why it came down .

Almost sounds like it hit a bird.

Yeah maybe seem like it dropped out of the sky
But I would have see it going down on my screen

You can lose signal from ground interference from that distance and altitude . The radio signal hits the ground and skips past the receiver .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO