DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Drifting - Round 2

...hmmm before I did the most recent update my "bird??" Was as steady as a Rock... flew really well and gave me confidence..
Now it Shakes like a $h!tting Dog and doesn't seem to be as Stable..

I was out today in light winds and after 5 mins returned home, packed up and walked away!!

I just think that if it was a FW problem only, everyone who updated would have the problem?

This is curious. Why would some Mavs have this issue, and others not? Must be another factor?

Not sure. The same goes with the startup "chime" of the Mavic. Since the latest firmware, mine doesn't do the echo effect like it used too, now it's all over the place. Like the drift issue, I know of many who have the problem, many who don't.

Tried it, and it hasn't worked either time. IMUs calibrated on a perfectly level kitchen counter. Compass calibrated in the middle of the grassy lawn wearing no more metal than the zipper in my pants. (Not even my zippered coat- it's cold out! Left the Mav out for 20m beforehand to be sure of cold calibration).

Tried calirating IMU both with props on and with props off.

Both instances left my Mavic still drifting left, right, forward, back, and even steadily up or down. What the heck, DJI? It was magnificently steady on earlier firmwares, and this baby hasn't been even bumped hard, let alone crashed, in its whole life.

Without sounding condescending, you absolutely sure it's not wind? Also remember that at an altitude of 15m or below, drift can be common because the VPS is used to control hover etc. If flying over something with a common pattern (water, well maintained grass etc) at 15m or below, then drift may occur. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Absolutely, on the wind. Not even the leaves on the trees are moving, and they're taller than the house. The drift is happening over grass (flat or sloped, I tested both) and over a curved turn in a sidewalk next to the flat grass.

There has occasionally been slight drift before, which evens out to a steady hover in a minute or two, but nothing as wide as what it's done lately, and it's never drifted steadily up or downward enough to register an increase or decrease in the ground clearance before.

Absolutely, on the wind. Not even the leaves on the trees are moving, and they're taller than the house. The drift is happening over grass (flat or sloped, I tested both) and over a curved turn in a sidewalk next to the flat grass.

There has occasionally been slight drift before, which evens out to a steady hover in a minute or two, but nothing as wide as what it's done lately, and it's never drifted steadily up or downward enough to register an increase or decrease in the ground clearance before.

Have you tried downgrading to the previous firmware?

Have you tried downgrading to the previous firmware?

That's next up on my list of things to try. It can fly on .500, so it's not an urgent need to solve it, but ti is definitely less fun to fly something that I know isn't being as steady as it could be, and occasionally I get errors when merging my DNG AEB shots ("Source images are not the same height or width.") Didn't get those in the last firmware... so I will try the firmware downgrad esince nothing else seems to work, and it's rather disappointing to have AEBs and be unable to merge them properly.

That's next up on my list of things to try. It can fly on .500, so it's not an urgent need to solve it, but ti is definitely less fun to fly something that I know isn't being as steady as it could be, and occasionally I get errors when merging my DNG AEB shots ("Source images are not the same height or width.") Didn't get those in the last firmware... so I will try the firmware downgrad esince nothing else seems to work, and it's rather disappointing to have AEBs and be unable to merge them properly.

Best of luck with this. I'd try the firmware downgrade and see how you go. Just remember to restart after he refresh, IMU, each step etc.

Downgrading didn't seem to help that I could see. But it was hovering almost steadily over the paved road where it wasn't over the sidewalk and grass of the yard. So... I'll take what I can get.

Reactions: taryn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27