DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic drone and battery servicing

X424

Reactions
Sooo....I signed up for a gold plan with Healthy drones and it is saying that my drone and 2 batteries are due for a service already (purchased drone and battery 1 on 21 March and battery 2 on 24 March).

Any ideas if this is accurate information that needs to be acted on and if so, how please? Searched DJI website but it only talks about care refresh which I have.

Basic battery maintenance on Healthydrones triggers after 20 flights, 20 charges, or 200 minutes of airtime on a battery. Basic service just includes deep-cycling the battery, and HD has instructions how to do this. Unfortunately, the Mavic does not report the battery serial numbers, so HD counts all the batteries you use as one battery.

Guess I'm living on the edge. Sounds like more than I care to add to my list of issues to consider.

You can skip the routine battery cycling. I'm not sure why HD recommends this. It would be interesting to hear their reasoning behind it.

Reactions: X424 and Dragonfly
You can skip the routine battery cycling. I'm not sure why HD recommends this. It would be interesting to hear their reasoning behind it.
Agree, modern lipos and li ions dont retain memory and dont need deep cycling. Only thing I can think off is too realign cell balance but DJI smart charging should and does ballance cells on every charge.

Reactions: X424
So glad I joined this forum. So what about major servicing then? Do we have to send the mavic and batteries to a service centre?

Ive charged my battery more than 40 times and plan to change it at least six months from now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder