DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic dual remotes

Bunny Too

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hmm... now you can use dual remotes with the mavic however they both control the drone, it would be nice if the second would only do the camera, however we are making progress. Edit.. it works on a master / slave system so all is good.
Regards,
-d.

Maybe I'm not imagining it right but isn't this sort of pointless (dual operator) without 1) a gimbal with significantly more yaw range and 2) a separate FPV camera for the master/pilot? (yes, I know the I1 didn't have an FPV and I think that was a poor design choice but I guess it's up to the customer to decide).

Reactions: Wizan
Maybe I'm not imagining it right but isn't this sort of pointless (dual operator) without 1) a gimbal with significantly more yaw range and 2) a separate FPV camera for the master/pilot? (yes, I know the I1 didn't have an FPV and I think that was a poor design choice but I guess it's up to the customer to decide).

I kind of agree. This feels more like a master slave RC combination. Thats fine for RC planes were you can plug yours into the other guys unit and help him out, but this is a Mavic and I just don't think that it is complicated enough to fly that anyone would need help or even want it. The idea of the person operating the craft having a slave pilot for filming is ridiculous because as you said it only has one camera.

IMHO what would have been better is just a black box with antennas that allowed a second person to tap into the Ocusync and watch the flight. My friends and wife would be more eager to go on flight outings if they could actually participate and be able to see what I am seeing. Plus I would love the help in having a second pair of eyes watching the battery and signal levels.

Rob

I tried this today using Android Go 4.0.4 and firmware .0500. I already had my standard remote bound and wanted to bind my spare as a slave.

I followed the instructions (turn on both, connect USB, enter "Camera", under "Remote" look for the "Linking Master RC" and "Linking Slave RC" buttons. But those are not present. It still just says "Linking RC" as it always has. I tried selecting Mavic Pro on starting Go but that made no difference. If you click "Linking RC", it does not give a Master/Slave option, just beeps and offers to start the binding process which I cancelled.

The documentation says: Mavic Pro firmware version 01.03.0400, DJI GO 4 app iOS v4.0.5 or DJI GO 4 app Android v4.0.4 are required. But this appears to be incorrect. I assume they mean .0400 or higher of course. Maybe someone with iOS can try it out.

Has anyone got this to work?

This sounds like a great idea for training purposes. The Master control is used by the trainer, and the slave by the trainee. This would allow the trainer to override the trainee should they do anything dangerous or get themselves into trouble. I don't see it having much use for video/photography though since the gimbal doesn't have full free movement like the Inspire.

Reactions: DroneMann
It would also be great to connect a second phone to the same controller so the other person is able to control the gimbal.
Then you would not need an expensive second controller. And with a long enough USB-cable the "range" is sufficient. :)
But then add more rights to the second phone for flight mode changes and so on.

Reactions: jasoraso
I am curious if anyone knows or has tried something like this:

Master controller with Epson BT-300 glasses or an android / iOS device.

Slave controller with iOS device connected to a Sony Cinemizer using an EZCast HDMI adapter.

I have both the Epson BT-300 and the Sony Cinemizer with the EZCast 4K HDMI adapter. I have used and verified with no issues or lag on the Sony Cinemizer with an iOS device.

What I don't have is the 2nd slave controller yet.

What I want to do is have the master primary controller using the BT-300 as I fly the Mavic and my son to have the slave controller having an iOS device casting to the HDMI adapter to the Sony Cinemizer that he would be wearing.

2 questions:
Does the 2nd controller need an iOS or Android device as it is being used as a slave ? (I hope it does)

Can I mix my master controller using an Android device (BT-300) while the Slave is using an iOS device ?

It would also be great to connect a second phone to the same controller so the other person is able to control the gimbal.
Then you would not need an expensive second controller. And with a long enough USB-cable the "range" is sufficient. :)
But then add more rights to the second phone for flight mode changes and so on.

You could certainly do it now - the pilot would be limited to VLOS, but the camera operator could use the bottom USB port with a long cable attached to a tablet/phone.

I am curious if anyone knows or has tried something like this:

2 questions:
Does the 2nd controller need an iOS or Android device as it is being used as a slave ? (I hope it does)

Can I mix my master controller using an Android device (BT-300) while the Slave is using an iOS device ?
Yes. I tried it today with my daughter: you can use either Android or IOS for either controller. Mine (master) is on Android phone, my daughter (slave) is on her Ipad Air. She does not like to be called slave, she is the co-pilot.

Reactions: HSK and jasoraso
Do the two controllers have to be in the same place? Could be useful to have a second pilot with controller at the distant landing site at the end of a long flight. A new way to break distance records.

You can used them separate and apart, and as long as it connects you can get as far apart as you can. You can use the remote with or without a device, and you can cut off either remote and use the other. You can also use one to fly and the other can control camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242