DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic dual remotes

If they are also a controller, then yes it's probably all part of the master scheme.

I'm now wondering what happens when I have a Mavic and P4P - will the goggles be compatible with both? (P4P has a different video downlink).
Yes, they have two different down link systems, WiFi and cable; just like the elusive CrystalSky.
Regards,
-d.

If they are also a controller, then yes it's probably all part of the master scheme.

I'm now wondering what happens when I have a Mavic and P4P - will the goggles be compatible with both? (P4P has a different video downlink).
Did you already get your p4p? how do you like it, I am thinking of picking one up as well.
Regards,
-d.

IIRC, the Mavic uses OcuSync which is what the DJI Goggles work with, so probably won't work with the Phantoms which use Lightbridge.

Is there a way to control the gimbal with the joysticks on second controller?

Well.. the slave certainly can control the PITCH of the gimbal. If you are asking about the YAW or ROLL, then no- neither the Master or Slave can control these two gimbal axis.

Well.. the slave certainly can control the PITCH of the gimbal. If you are asking about the YAW or ROLL, then no- neither the Master or Slave can control these two gimbal axis.
But not with the joystick, that is the question.
Regards,
-d.

I kind of agree. This feels more like a master slave RC combination. Thats fine for RC planes were you can plug yours into the other guys unit and help him out, but this is a Mavic and I just don't think that it is complicated enough to fly that anyone would need help or even want it. The idea of the person operating the craft having a slave pilot for filming is ridiculous because as you said it only has one camera.

IMHO what would have been better is just a black box with antennas that allowed a second person to tap into the Ocusync and watch the flight. My friends and wife would be more eager to go on flight outings if they could actually participate and be able to see what I am seeing. Plus I would love the help in having a second pair of eyes watching the battery and signal levels.

Rob
Rob you're gonna love this bit of info. I use a Nivida Sheild that has hdmi out so you can use googles (Avagant Glyph googles at the moment). I let others wear them so I can take them for a drone ride while I fly from the tablet. We are working on a DIY video soon.

I am pretty sure I read they will be compatible with both (using the same technology as the CrystalSky.)
Regards,
-d.
Close but the CrystalSky term is simply the name for their Android tablets. These have to connect via a USB cable to the controller. However there is always the hope that the monitors themselves may have built in Occu and Lightbridge receivers, hmmm, maybe asking a little much but you never know lol :)

I am pretty sure though that the DJI guys Beta testing the goggles reaffirmed that they are only compatible with the Mavic using a wireless link that does not negate the use of a cable of course and saying that they are under NDA's so who knows lol

Yes. I tried it today with my daughter: you can use either Android or IOS for either controller. Mine (master) is on Android phone, my daughter (slave) is on her Ipad Air. She does not like to be called slave, she is the co-pilot.
Jack Allinson here ... thanks for sharing. So when you added the second controller as "SLAVE" did you have to re-link original controller as MASTER? Can your daughter use wheels on the "COPILOT" controller to control camera and DJI GO 4 app on her Ipad Air to do filming while you fly using the MASTER controller and Android version of DJI GO 4 app ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout