DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Fan Problem.

UTPBlokje

Reactions
Yesterday I pull out the Mavic from the bag and there was a little bit of sand in the bag. I flight the day before on the beach from the rocks so the Mavic will be clear of the sand. I think the bag fell down in the sand but this I didn't notice .

After flying I stored the Mavic as usually in the bag and the next morning there was sand in the hood of the gimbal.

Drone problems

The gimbal overloaded

- this is fixed

The fan is not working and the Mavic overheats

- I haven't the proper tools with me because I’m on holiday. So all the help would be appreciated.

At the moment I try to move the fan with an earring.

The fan is not working and the Mavic overheats

How do you know it is overheating? Error message? I recommend you send it in for repair before trying to fly it.

If you insist on flying it with sand in the fan, at least take some compressed air and blow it through the fan grill to try and get the sand out. If you cant get the fan to spin freely, I wouldnt fly it. You can burn out the fan if it cant spin and possibly overload you main board.

How do you know it is overheating? Error message? I recommend you send it in for repair before trying to fly it.

If you insist on flying it with sand in the fan, at least take some compressed air and blow it through the fan grill to try and get the sand out. If you cant get the fan to spin freely, I wouldnt fly it. You can burn out the fan if it cant spin and possibly overload you main board.

The fan is working again. after spinning the fan. With the earing and blowing the fan start working again. I think everything is working again.

You know its overheating if the Mavic is too hot to hold and shutdowns automatically before major damage.

I run al the calibrations again so it’s good to go. Thanks for the help

And trying to fix the fan yourself would be a major undertaking. Many internals have to be disassembled to get the fan out...
Sand is evil.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szost557