DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic flies away when trying to catch

Oppertshauser

Reactions
Tried catching the mavic when landing like how I would with my friends p3 but once it reaches the palm of my hand it immediately flies up n away. Not sure if there is a setting that needs to be turned off, anyone having same issue?

Reactions: tgden
I catch it fast, but other will tell you to either turn off sensor before landing, position you mavic correctly, or initiate the auto land and catch it.

I'm sure they will chime in.​

There is a way if your quick - takes a little practice but bring it close to catch it then maneuver it so you can grab from the back - sticks down grab it & hold on tight - it will try to take off but just hold it for a few secs until it cuts out. Either that or quickly disable the sensors before you attempt to catch it - MUCH easier if you get used to it in the App.

Dont put you palm flat and instead use your thumb and forefinger to pinch the lower body of the Mavic right in front of the front lower sensors. Then as stated pinch tight and left stick down and hold. It wll try and gain altitude but just hold on and the rotors will spin down.

I do it all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oppertshauser
Figured it out, just had to hold it tight and wait for it to turn off. Took a bit longer for the drone to shut down compared to the p3. Thanks for all the replies, happy new year. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

Open your palm under the mavic. It will rise a little. Keep palm still and left stick down and it will land in your palm. The props will then turn off.
Quickly pack as girls will throw their va.ginas at you.

Open your palm under the mavic. It will rise a little. Keep palm still and left stick down and it will land in your palm. The props will then turn off.
Quickly pack as girls will throw their va.ginas at you.
Yes. This is the best way to hand catch it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair