DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Flight in Tasmania

Jeffdj

Reactions
Here is a video clip of my first serious flight with the Mavic Pro in Tasmania, Australia. I wasn't impressed when first starting up to be told that I needed to do an update!! I was well out of wi fi and 4G reception but fortunately I could still fly.
I wanted to get some close up video of the granite rock formations on Mt Cameron, but wasn't game to fully test the obstacle avoidance hardware. I did try it after I got home and it was impressive, so next time I will get even closer.
I did have a spotter with binnoculars with me and he frequently told me I was too close.
Weather conditions were not ideal with haze and clouds but the results are ok.

Gorgeous location!
Thanks, we have been walking this granite range for the last 40 years and it is an amazing place, orchids, geological formations like the Maze, Totem Pole, Cube Rock and many others. We have built a Field Study Center on its warm north slopes and run many outdoor education camps for students in Tasmania, especially Scottsdale High School.
We even had St Kilda footy team up there to do our Survival Camp, that was the year they won the premiership that year, maybe we should invite them back.

Here is a video clip of my first serious flight with the Mavic Pro in Tasmania, Australia. I wasn't impressed when first starting up to be told that I needed to do an update!! I was well out of wi fi and 4G reception but fortunately I could still fly.
I wanted to get some close up video of the granite rock formations on Mt Cameron, but wasn't game to fully test the obstacle avoidance hardware. I did try it after I got home and it was impressive, so next time I will get even closer.
I did have a spotter with binnoculars with me and he frequently told me I was too close.
Weather conditions were not ideal with haze and clouds but the results are ok.

Very nice footage .. lol DJI update ..

I was actually going to ask about that too. Does the Mavic have a mic or did you dub that in during post?
Yes I added the Mavic buzz in post, Complete silence is distracting and I didnt want continuous music. Maybe I should reduce the buzz volume slightly.

Here is some more Mavic footage taken on Tasmania's east coast on a perfect summer day.

Nice.!!

Do you remember the settings when you shot this video?.

Settings were, 4k, 25 frames/sec, sunny whitebalance, auto exposure, camera settings none, - .3 exposure. I suspect colour a bit too saturated and and maybe -1 sharpness would be better.

Settings were, 4k, 25 frames/sec, sunny whitebalance, auto exposure, camera settings none, - .3 exposure. I suspect colour a bit too saturated and and maybe -1 sharpness would be better.
Thanks alot it was a very nice video i have had about 35 flights now and love it to bits take care graham

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya