DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Fly Away this evening. Shes Gone!

I think healthy drone can autoupload with DJI GO app, so he probably did that rather than obtain the txt file and upload the file manually.
You're right. That's what HD Sync is for.

I've been looking at Healthy Drone and yes, I did auto upload. Also sent it to DJI from the DJI go AP. Something I am missing? Would really love for you guys to figure out what went wrong. I'm afraid DJI will probably just send me a new one and we will probably never really know.

I fully admit I was pushing it as far as I could, but if you note on the playback, as soon as I had the warning I got off the left stick completely and immediately. However, I think you SHOULD be able to run it wide open all day long. DJI is in charge of controlling the limits. If that is too much, they should govern that.

I've been looking at Healthy Drone and yes, I did auto upload. Also sent it to DJI from the DJI go AP. Something I am missing? Would really love for you guys to figure out what went wrong. I'm afraid DJI will probably just send me a new one and we will probably never really know.
At this point maybe it's easier to look at the .DAT instead which is on the Mavic itself. This doesn't require installing iTunes but you will need to have the DJI Assistant 2 installed. The .DAT will have gyro and accelerometer data which will tell us if the Mavic flew backwards and landed inverted. The .DAT also has more battery data than the .txt. For info on retrieving the.DAT look here. The .DAT is large so you'll have to Dropbox it and then provide a link.

Like I said, you need to hook the device you flew the drone with (ipad right?), into a real computer with a keyboard (assuming you have one), using a usb lightening cable. You'll need itunes installed on the computer. You can access the logs within itunes on the computer.

First you open up iTunes (with phone connected) and click on the iPhone icon and "Apps" (both are highlighted below)
1.png

Then you scroll down on the right side pane until you see a "File Sharing" section and find the DJI GO 4 (or DJI GO App):
2.png
The select the "FlightRecords" folder as shown above and scroll down and hit "Save As":
3.png
Save it to somewhere like your desktop. Open the folder in explorer, and you'll see all of your log files:
4.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Wacker2611
Here is what happened.

About the 6th flight of the day. Great weather. Was at 347 feet above takeoff point getting good everything. Was in sport mode. Getting a beautiful picture on my I-pad Mini. I was just over 2000 feet away in my rural neighborhood when I get an event message that says adjust antenna to avoid signal blockage. At almost exactly the same time the screen goes blank and the RC says LOSS of Signal. I checked my antenna position (just fine) and quickly changed my position. I waited a bit and touched return to home. Nothing, it just said Signal Lost.

I walked over to the position where it last reported. Nothing. Went back out after dark with a high powered light and GPS but nothing to be found. It is a wooded area. Will try again in the morning. I hoped that when I got home it would be setting there waiting for me but no such luck.

Do you guys think it is really there or did it fly off? It reported its last position and altitude of 347 feet. I had a good picture right until the end. Was way above the terrain.

Healthy Drone showed no problems other than a message that said Battery Overcurrent during discharge. I was running wide open when that happened so throttle back an it went out. This happened about 30 seconds before it was lost. I had lots of battery, only in the air about 3 minutes on full everything.

Any suggestions for finding it are appreciated.:(
Does Dji replace the drone if it can't be found?

I would love to upload the dat files to you guys. I will try to go to work on that. I WAS able to upload the video from the last flight onto Google Drive for you viewing enjoyment. Where it ends is where it ends. Here is a link.

final flight incident.MP4

Wow! That wasn't good. Plugged the Mavic into my computer with the dji assistant already running and it immediately crashed my windows and through my computer into safe mode. That wasn't fun. Another DJI surprise. What next?:mad:

Well, tried to sync thru iTunes also. Fail. Would not let me copy files to anything.

Well, tried to sync thru iTunes also. Fail. Would not let me copy files to anything.
So you saw the files and just couldn't save them? You don't need to sync, you just need to be able to browse the app shared data. Maybe there is someone in your household a little bit better at computers that can help?

Ha ha. If I had a 4th grader here I would have it made. We might be in luck? I think I got the .dat files downloaded to Google Drive. Please give it a try.
Mavicmystery.DAT

I read HFMANs post and thought....well, could that be possible? So I experimented with it a little. It took a lot of doing but I finally got it on in such a way that it appeared solid and connected but I COULD pull it loose from the aft portion of the pack. I was able to do that one time, cut could not duplicate it a second time. I think it is a stretch but completely possible. I'll see what DJI says after they look at it, but it isn't impossible for that to happen.
I'll bet that's what happened. It explains why the battery was separated and the event description.

But...if the battery came loose it should have remained turned on and discharged? When I found it 2 days later it turned on and had nearly full charge. The body shows signs of stress around the battery attach pens on the sides like it was forcefully removed. Also the gimble pulled straight out at those rubber doughnuts that hold the rubber bands. And clearly all of the blades contacted the arms and were damaged at the trailing edges where they struck the arms probably under power? hmmmm what a mystery. Hope the .dat files show something.

Yup I do the same buddy. For reassurance I always set up manually.
Twice I have "lost" my drone while in the air, twice I have had him back by itself with no issues whatsoever.

I think most people go into panic mode and rush the last place the drone was, while the drone is waiting on where they took off,

You always set up the RTH point manually?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54