DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic fly away

lwhitepolaris

Reactions
First day with it. I tried a couple flights inside a large open shop area and all went well. I moved outside outside with it and made a couple more shorts flights with it all the time in beginner mode, all went well it would never fly more than 98' from where it was launched from. A little later some buddies showed and wanted to see it in action. I turned everything on and went outside. I waited till I had good GPS and everything was good on the remote. I did not have my phone hooked as it was just short visual flight around the yard. I launched and it went about 20' feet straight up, hovered for a moment then spun a 360 degree circle and started climbing crazy fast. It went up a couple hundred feet straight then turned headed south east and went out of sight. Once it got out about 500 feet the controller just said connecting, but all control was gone. Any Ideas on how to locate it? Since I did not have my phone hooked up I have no flight log.

Reactions: Islandguy27
DJI Has got to get their act together all of these issues with drone flying off on its own with now control are not acceptable. I've seen countless errors where the drone flies off without control for RTH, switching from OPTI to ATTI or GPS to ATTI or GPS Health just dropping for no reason what so ever. I've used other DJI Phantom products all less expensive and NEVER experienced or seen this many problems.

As to your issue I have seen other posts that there is flight data on the controller too, so maybe there is something there that could be useful when exported to a site like healthydrones.com. I am sure there are many other members that are much more knowledgeable and can provide better details on your options.

I really feel for you as on the first day of getting my Mavic and testing indoors flight, which is advertised as being stable via VPS, flew out of control with no ability for me to control it and into a wall and broke the gimbal. So far this has been my worse purchase and am now waiting on DJI to repair.

Watching this thread. I did not know that data is stored on the RC. I hope that's the case. I've never flown without the phone connected specifically because I always want everything documented just in case it goes bye-bye and I need proof. Sorry to hear what happened.

For future use, please note that Murphy ALWAYS shows when you're doing a dog and pony show. No better way to get him involved then showing off a new toy.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest