DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Flying Indoor

brent007

Reactions
I was testing my new mavic pro to fly indoor. I set my RTH altitude to 30m. I noticed when the battery level reach at low level. The mavic suddenly go to the altitude listed in RTH which is at 30m. Unfortunately, it hits the ceiling. Have you experience this issue?

I was testing my new mavic pro to fly indoor. I set my RTH altitude to 30m. I noticed when the battery level reach at low level. The mavic suddenly go to the altitude listed in RTH which is at 30m. Unfortunately, it hits the ceiling. Have you experience this issue?
Yes, this is how it is programmed to behave. Without no sensors pointing up, it initiated a RTH due to low battery and tried to go to your RTH altitude. Personally, I've read enough about indoor crashes that I've never flown it inside, doesn't take much of a pilot error to crash!

Hope it survived!

Yes, this is how it is programmed to behave. Without no sensors pointing up, it initiated a RTH due to low battery and tried to go to your RTH altitude. Personally, I've read enough about indoor crashes that I've never flown it inside, doesn't take much of a pilot error to crash!

Hope it survived!
Good thing the damage was only a broken propollers. I'll just charge it to experience. [emoji17]

I am speechless....

Reactions: n0gga and Andrew F
I can't believe that you were shocked that it attempted to get to 30m altitude for return home, seeings that what you set it to.

In the future if you want to fly it indoors , I recommend changing your low battery action to land instead of RTH.

Well I still fly indoors primarily to carry out system tests, when it's too bad to do it outside.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty