DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Flying Right as soon as take off

Rithesh Nanda

Reactions
Hello guys,
Just bought a Mavic Pro yesterday and was all excited about a test flight.
But as soon as I take off the Mavic seems to be banking Right...
While this happened on the first flight, on my second flight the mavic seemed to just fly forward without me touching any controls.

I used the automatic take off on the first flight and ATTI mode on the second, I was outdoors for both flights.

Could someone please help me with the same?

You should calibrate the controller. Go into the controller settings and you will find it there.

Reactions: Tank62
Hello guys,
Just bought a Mavic Pro yesterday and was all excited about a test flight.
But as soon as I take off the Mavic seems to be banking Right...
While this happened on the first flight, on my second flight the mavic seemed to just fly forward without me touching any controls.

I used the automatic take off on the first flight and ATTI mode on the second, I was outdoors for both flights.

Could someone please help me with the same?
Also, search for Controller Calibration on this forum - you should find some good help there.

Also, search for Controller Calibration on this forum - you should find some good help there.

Hello,

Thank you for you for the quick reply, I did think this was the fault, I recalibrate the controller, no luck, now it moved forward, scared to take off again! [emoji53]

I assume you did a Compass Calibration? Maybe an IMU Calibration? If not, it might be worth a try. Be sure to read and re-read the Mavic Pro User's Manual thoroughly. You can also do a search on this site for similar problems and look at what others have posted.

If this is your first few flights DO NOT USE ATTI MODE. Turn everything on, wait 1 or 2 minutes to get a lock on 10 or more satellites before you take off and then you can start to hover and the drone will not move around. Using Atti mode at this point is dangerous and you can crash your drone very easily.

Thank you all for the inputs, running an IMU calibration now, will do a test flight tomorrow! Also, does low light affect this? Like does the Mavic depend on camera to stay in one place?

Thank you all for the inputs, running an IMU calibration now, will do a test flight tomorrow! Also, does low light affect this? Like does the Mavic depend on camera to stay in one place?

Yes it affects the obstacle avoidance sensors. Low light will generate a warning message that you are in jeopardy of losing foa.

Yes I concur with the rest do a compass and IMU calibration before anything else.

And when you say banking and moving at what speeds are you referring? Was it more like a slow drift? Or was it more like you were afraid it'll hit you? Light is an important factor try all this with light and get accustomed to the Mavics responses.

Kostas

Yes I concur with the rest do a compass and IMU calibration before anything else.

And when you say banking and moving at what speeds are you referring? Was it more like a slow drift? Or was it more like you were afraid it'll hit you? Light is an important factor try all this with light and get accustomed to the Mavics responses.

Kostas

The drift was not really slow, like 2 meters every 10 seconds.

Check the spot that you keep taking off from their are metal rods in concrete that will throw it out of wack at take off. Find a nice grasses spot and conduct your calibration from there then try.

Thanks a lot for the response everyone, sorted.
So the issue was with IMU calibration. Recalibrated it and everything worked fine.

Reactions: MacPap
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest